PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Competitions.

Pete Gordon
11-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Some of you will know that I recently did a course with the Aust Weightlifting Federation, in terms of coaching & supporting weightlifting. The course covered a lot of really good material. There was a section of the course that the trainer pretty much brushed over & spent a few minutes talking about. Beginner competitions.

In the workbook there's a question asking about how to run a competitions for beginners that I'm not sure how to answer. I've tried contacting the trainer but haven't heard back. Ive asked those that I know attended the course & they don't remember how to answer the question either........

You are coaching a group of six (6) beginner lifters, male & females of varying bodyweight & wish to conduct a team handicap competition. Discribe how you would organize this handicap assuming you have all the necessary equipment & personnel required for the running of the contest.

Now, I remember the first step was to divide the 6 athletes into 2 groups. Genders aren't important. A part of the team handicap system is some type of weight average. Other than that, I'm really not sure how to answer the question!