PDA

View Full Version : Yael's 2011 Log

Yael Grauer
01-03-2011, 06:08 PM
Easing into a workout after the holidays, which included lots of travel and missed jiu jitsu.

Day 1
Never Gymless Beginner Training Plan (which I'll do for a week)
20 pushups
8 body rows (on the Jungle Gym)
25 bw squats
8 pike presses

JG workout:
10 60-degree chin-ups
10 60-degree pushups
10 assisted lunges
10 leg curls
10 reg. curls
10 tricep exensions

posterior chain: none today
pull-ups: 10 assisted

Yael Grauer
01-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Day 2 - BJJ and core
BJJ--spider guard to triangle and various spider guard/pit guard sweeps and sweep to oma
core--3 circuit sets of 10 crunches, 20 lying hip swings and plank for time

Yael Grauer
01-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Day 3
band chest press X 8
band high pulls X 10
bw squats X 25
band good mornings X 10
table dips X 8
random Jungle Gym XT stuff X 10

Yael Grauer
01-06-2011, 07:10 PM
day 4
two hours of BJJ... shots, counter to oma, counter to oma attempt/armbar, rolling
core workout: 3 circuits of 15 v-ups, 20 supermans, chinnies to burn

Yael Grauer
01-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Day 5
skipping jits today to have a party, which in retrospect is dumb b/c the only people I know coming other than relatives are from my gym, and are coming after class. lol

so I did
15 diamond pushups
8 body rows (jungle gym)
25 bw squats
10 hamstring curls (jungle gym)
8 pike presses

Yael Grauer
01-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Day 6 + 7 rest (missed BJJ today to spend time with visiting family)

Yael Grauer
01-16-2011, 01:40 PM
Week 2: I only worked out (BJJ) on Tues and Wed, but stayed super late on Tues to roll and Wed. I was visiting an all-women's BJJ school. Thursday had to get my computer fixed at the last minute, Friday went to see U of M wrestling, then taught a workshop Sat. morning. Honestly was very sore/recovering though.

Yael Grauer
01-22-2011, 09:09 PM
Week 3: BJJ on Tues, Fri and Sat... need to start incorporating my strength training into my workouts again but this weather makes me lazy and tired, and not having access to a gym makes me lazy. so I'm trying to decide between several pre-written workouts I have access to.

Yael Grauer
01-29-2011, 09:30 PM
Three jits classes and some TRX work. Still working on the details for S&C but haven't been doing much other than BJJ, work and sleep.

Yael Grauer
01-30-2011, 08:43 PM
All right, decided I wanted to kick things up into high gear so a friend of mine is helping me with a workout plan. Goal is to get to 15% BF.

Pretest numbers:
max pushups - 40
max situps - 141
pullups with max resistance - 6
max curl is 30 lbs on my right hand and 25 on my left
max press is 35 right hand 30 on left. i can do a ton more on a barbell though
max lat raise was only 15. lame! but i am used to full body stuff not isolated
100 burpees = 7:45

Yael Grauer
01-31-2011, 07:29 PM
Day 1

s+c is gonna be divided into push,press and leg

5 minutes of jumprope/jogging, then leg warmup (3x10 circuits one-legged squats to a box (per leg), leg curls with a band, leg curls on the JG)

pull workout: 3X10 db rows (25# dumbbell, 1 arm at a time), 90 degree body rows on the Jungle gym, one arm chinups on the TRX

workout 2: metcon
10 sets of 30 bw squats, 10 band pulls and 10 band chest presses

Food + supplements:

l-glutamine 1000mg before breakfast

breakfast: 2 egg whites, 1 banana, cinnamon + 1 tbsp flax meal "porridge"

lunch: cabbage with tuna and some sesame seed oil (not a lot)

snack: handful of almonds, protein shake with creatine dose #1 (they say 3 doses for the first week)

post workout: BCAA/creatine #2

dinner: sausage with potatoes and cabbage (I know, it's fatty and starchy, but this is my transition week)

post workout: creatine #3, fish oil

Yael Grauer
02-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Day 2

5 minutes of jumprope/jogging, then leg warmup (3x10 circuits one-legged squats to a box (per leg), leg curls with a band, leg curls on the JG)

push workout: 3X10 60-degree TRX pushups, regular pushups, band shoulder presses

workout 2: jits

Food + supplements:

plus creatine

breakfast: leftover sausage/potatoes (post workout)

BCAA/creatine

lunch: chicken, some tomatoes

dinner: this awesome thai chicken soup stuff

protein shake with creatine, fish oil

Yael Grauer
02-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Day 3 is a rest day, I'm doing 3-1 but I'm counting my pre-test as a workout since I got tired from it

Food + supplements:

brunch: banana/egg white/flax meal/cinnamon

snack: protein shake with creatine

dinner: honey fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, corn and soda
yes, that was a cheat meal...this is my transition week

late-night snack: leftover potato/cabbage/sausage meal (all sausage is gone though, so mostly potatoes), fish oil

Am eating beef again tomorrow but transitioning next week to chicken and fish plus earlier bedtime.

Yael Grauer
02-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Day 4--pull workout (3X 6 pullups, 10 1-arm TRX pullups, 10 60 degree pullups)
workout 2--bjj

Food + supplements:

breakfast: chicken liver, banana

snack: protein shake with creatine, banana

lunch: broccoli/chicken salad, creatine/coconut water, handful of popcorn (yeah, yeah)

dinner: two sausages (i know, i know. lol) + fish oil

Am eating beef Sat. but transitioning next week to chicken and fish plus earlier bedtime next week.

Yael Grauer
02-04-2011, 11:24 PM
Day 5

workout 1: push workout
workout 2: bjj

one orange
BCAAs with creatine
cabbage/tuna salad
Paleo chicken cacciatore
corn chips
protein shake with creatine, fish oil

transition week is almost over...one more day...

Yael Grauer
02-04-2011, 11:35 PM
New workouts:

A- DB Power Cleans 4 x 5 reps each, DB Straight Leg Deads x12 x12 x10, DB Front Squat x12 x10 x8, Full Bodyweight Plyo Squats 2x5

B- Assisted pullups x10 x10 x10 x8 (overhand grip), Pushups or DB Bench Press x12 x12 x10 x8, DB Bent Row x12 x12 x10, Pop Pushups 2 x 3-5 (plyos for few powerful reps, full ROM), External shoulder rotations 2 x 15-20 (light prehab) Choice of 2-3 abs exercises for 2-3 sets each

C- Push Press x10, x8, x8, x6(one week) Shoulder Press x12, x12 x10 x10 (the other week), Neutral Grip Pushups 3 sets to just before failure, DB Bicep Curl x12 x10 x10, External Shoulder Rotations 2 x 15-20 reps (light prehab), Tricep DB Kickback x12 x12 x10, DB Hammer Curls x10 x10(optional), choice of 2-3 ab exercises for 2-3 sets each

Trying to figure out how to work hip-dominant work into this... sumo deads are out but KB swings maybe? and also for ab exercises wanna include rotational, like cable chops, but not sure how. and grip work. plus need to make sure to stretch out hip flexors and front of shoulders and strengthen lower back...

Yael Grauer
02-07-2011, 05:27 AM
Forgot to log in for the past two days. I didn't work out, but I'm trying to remember what all I ate. Yesterday I made a pot roast (grassfed beef, beef broth, potatoes, onions, celery) for dinner and I had an omelet for breakfast (with a teeny bit of bacon, green and red peppers, onions and garlic, whole eggs) but I can't remember what else, nor can I remember what I ate on Saturday but I remember it wasn't enough food.

Yael Grauer
02-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Workout #1: weight workout A (DB Power Cleans 4 x 5 reps each, DB Straight Leg Deads x12 x12 x10, DB Front Squat x12 x10 x8, Full Bodyweight Plyo Squats 2x5) with 20 lbs.

Workout #2: BJJ drills trying to do at cardiac output heartrate. I did solo and wall guard drills (reverse bicycling, reverse bicycling hip switches, one-legged spins, half and full wall spins)

Food + supplements:

breakfast: two eggs cooked with pastured butter, banana

lunch: paleo chicken cacciatore

post-workout: bcaas with creatine

dinner: beef pot roast and potatoes

snacks: 3-4 macadamia nuts, an apple, four squares of chocolate

also: protein shake with creatine, fish oil

Yael Grauer
02-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Wow, I got behind on this and now it's all jumbled

Tuesday
lunch: egg white/banana/cinn/flax thing
dinner: tuna salad
snacks: berries, macadamia nuts, chocolate

Wednesday
breakfast: tuna salad
lunch: um, i can't remember?
dinner: pork chops with onions, brussel sprouts

Thursday
breakfast:
lunch:
dinner: whatever he's cooking! lol

workouts

tues: bjj (and that's it)
wed: nothing...
thurs: weight workout #2, bjj

Yael Grauer
02-16-2011, 02:21 PM
DB Power Cleans (25#) 4 x 5 reps, DB Straight Leg Deads (25#) x12 x12 x10, DB Front Squat (25#) x12 x10 x8, Full Bodyweight Plyo Squats 2x5, some heavybag work

breakfast: two eggs cooked with pastured butter, banana
lunch: leftover beef stew, an apple
post-workout: almond milk/protein shake
dinner: Greek scallops, salad
Supplements: glutamine, ALA, fish oil, creatine/protein powder in shake

Yael Grauer
02-17-2011, 08:04 PM
breakfast: ALA, then glutamine + 2 hardboiled eggs

workout #1: assisted pullups x10 x10 x10 x8 (neutral grip), Jungle Gym XT Pushups x12 x12 x10 x8, DB Bent Row x12 x12 x10, Pop Pushups 2 x 3-5, External shoulder rotations 2 x 15-20 (light prehab), a few kb swings for hip mobility

shake: BCAAs, creatine, water

lunch: Wild Boar Chop with rosemary roasted potatoes, sausage roasted winter squash, sauerkraut, surly bender demi
oh, plus dessert: Chocolate Flourless Torte with gingered cherry compote, crème fraîche sabayon, toasted macadamia nuts

workout #2: BJJ plus got to roll with two guys (and got an RNC on a new guy, woo hoo!)

dinner: pork tenderlon with tomatoes, onion, cilantro and lime juice. fish oil.

oh yeah had post-workout coconut milk/drink stuff

Yael Grauer
02-19-2011, 08:18 AM
minor injury so no workout yesterday, and been working too much so my meals sucked
breakfast: an apple
lunch: tuna salad with vegetables
snack: peaches
dinner: sausage and potatoes at an Irish pub.

Yael Grauer
02-19-2011, 10:17 PM
brunch: left over sausage/potatoes
dinner: spaghetti squash with lotsa meat sauce
gratuitious snack: popcorn and some almond joy chocolate things at the movies

workout: went to a BJJ seminar. shouldn't have, but I did, my knee is okay though i took it easy.

I need to really watch my food... I'm trying to build mass and so far it's working and looking like mostly muscle but it's snowing tomorrow and I'm depressed about my knee and also without BJJ I don't ever leave my house since I work from home, so I feel trapped and want to eat crap all the time (and drink more than normal) so I need to be careful not to.

Yael Grauer
02-22-2011, 09:17 PM
doing pretty good at eating really well since i can't really train

breakfasts:
eggs and bacon
almond milk/protein powder/banana smoothie
banana/eggs

lunches:
chicken fajita salad
tuna salad (x2)

dinners:
frozen chicken masala or something (Paleo)
cajun chicken
sausages/bacon/salad

snacks:
nuts and seeds
carrot sticks

I did eat both popcorn and jellybeans one day though.
Oh and a whole chocolate bar.

Using my far infrared lamp on my knee since acupuncture, ice, Aleve/extra strength tylenol, Epsom salt baths, traumeel and Po Sum On haven't worked yet.

Trying kinesio taping and soft tissue release tomorrow. If those don't work, will try ART and/or ARP next.

Yael Grauer
02-23-2011, 09:40 PM
breakfast/lunch: leftover chicken, apple sauce
dinner: chipotle (salad with pork, gauc, veggies, mild salsa, a little cheese)
also ate chocolate

lots of juniper oil and kinesio taping for my bum knee, plus FIR, getting ART on Friday
trying to stay positive but !@#$#!
at least i can walk around better now

Yael Grauer
03-11-2011, 07:28 PM
My chiropractor told me to do my previous workouts again, with the knee brace on, to get it stronger while it still has kinesio tape on. So did workout #1 today. Then took off the brace for more rehab exercises.

Yael Grauer
03-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Realized I actually did workout 2 on the 11th. Workout #1 yesterday. #3 today. I didn't finish the squats or romanian deads b/c my knee started feeling a bit sore, even with the brace on.

Yael Grauer
03-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Did jits on Tuesday. Not a lot of time for workouts since I was working on a half dozen projects and barely sleeping several days last week, but I did manage to squeeze one in today. Just testing out my skill levels in Convict Conditioning.

3 sets of 50 wall pushups
3 sets of 50 shoulderstand squats
3 sets of 40 vertical pulls
3 sets of 40 knee tucks. which i can't do off a chair for some reason but can do off the floor (harder). i have a serious problem with balance
3 sets of 50 short bridges

Then tried and failed to do a wall handstand