PDA

View Full Version : 1st Cycle?

Matthew Fried
01-19-2011, 07:05 AM
Hi. Question. Which cycle should be my first? That is the basic question but here are some specifics / background:

Skill Level = Beginner. 2 years of CF, with a CF affiliate’s 2 week ‘Oly Intro’ program is the extent of my experience. My basic form is pretty good but I continue to tweak as I go.

Strength Level = 31 years old, 5’10, 185-190 LBS, best snatch is 135, C&J 175. Back squat 295. I know I have more in me to be developed.

Goals = to get more skilled & stronger over time.

I came over here to CA, and jumped right into the Classic / Position Cycle (CPC), thinking that would be “beginner” as it focuses on form & pulling strength. However as I read Greg Everett’s book and learn more, I see that there are other beginner cycles, while the CPC is for more advanced lifters.

Should I cut bait now & restart somewhere else? The movements in the CPC are not overwhelming me, I actually find it quite fun and very good practice. But, did I skip a necessary step here?

Thanks very much!

Greg Everett
01-19-2011, 12:48 PM
try this one - http://www.cathletics.com/daily/cycle.php?cycleID=34

Matthew Fried
02-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Hi Greg and all;

I'm midway through the 8 week cycle. Going very well & it's fun!

Do I repeat the first 4 weeks programming as the 2nd four?

(I assume yes because there are only 4 weeks posted but, just making sure.)

Thanks!

Greg Everett
02-23-2011, 12:27 PM
All 8 weeks are posted - you need to view august 2010 in the date menu to see the rest

Matthew Fried
03-25-2011, 08:45 PM
Just a follow up to this:

I'm about 3/4 of the way through the 8 week cycle, and this week I've hit PRs on the Snatch, C&J, & Back Squat by 20, 5, & 20 LBS respectively.

(C feels like it could be even more but the J needs some extra work)

Also feel like I'm getting better at lifting technique in general.

So it's going very well. Any thoughts on what to do next? Just keep following the next one, a 5 week classic?