PDA

View Full Version : Rfc

Dave Van Skike
03-03-2007, 10:17 PM
For Randy Freaking Couture!

43.Damn. Double Damn......

Mike ODonnell
03-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Silvia looked like he did nothing but drink for the last 3 months......good for Randy....

Derek Simonds
03-04-2007, 05:15 AM
I can't remember a UFC that I enjoyed as much as this one.

Randy absolutely dominated Sylvia. I was worried at the end of the 2nd round it looked like Randy was breathing a lot harder then Sylvia and he started dropping his hands in the 3rd round, but man he pulled it all together.

When they raised his hand last night I jumped up and said this is a victory for all us facing middle age!

Robert Allison
03-04-2007, 08:34 AM
Great fight for sure. This victory further secures Couture's status as an MMA legend. As Derek noted, there was a point where Couture seemed to gassing a little. But for a 43 year old guy to go five rounds with a fighter who is that much bigger and younger...that shows some amazing conditioning.

But when Couture is fighting at his best, his strategy is just as impressive as his conditioning. He has knack for spotting holes in a fighter's game and then exploiting them, and last night was no exception. I am a little puzzled why Sylvia didn't throw some leg kick or at least some combos. He looked very tentative, standing in front of Couture throwing single jabs.

It will be interesting to see how soon CroCop gets a shot at Couture.

Yael Grauer
03-04-2007, 09:27 AM
At least Sylvia had some wrist control down. That was about the only thing he seemed to have going for him. Great fight! Randy still has it, I was impressed.

Robb Wolf
03-10-2007, 10:21 AM
At least Sylvia had some wrist control down. That was about the only thing he seemed to have going for him. Great fight! Randy still has it, I was impressed.

I think that wrist control is an outgrowth of his incessant Whacking-Off. Fun to be sure, but not helpful for fight prep.