PDA

View Full Version : Personal Best Snatch

Pete Gordon
03-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Alright, here's my pb snatch that I did yesterday.

Yes. It's not much weight. It's only 55kg. A pb is still a pb though. It's funny...at the last comp (3 weeks ago), I pulled off a 52k snatch, while it was meeesy and probably the best power snatch ever done, almost a straight leg power snatch.

A fella I've been working with kept telling me that the difference between a full snatch & a power snatch isn't a small step, it's a quantum leap. I've finally worked out how to do it. I've known how to do it, but haven't been able to do it, with the technique I wanted.

Anyway...I'd love to get some feedback on the actual lift. Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avRKbquftxQ

Gareth Rees
03-13-2011, 04:27 AM
Hi Pete,

In my opinion, the weight is not so much of an issue, the best competition is against yourself, and you got a PB... So well done. You can't ask for much more.

Now for the criticism. I'm no expert, but here is what I saw;
Your back wasn't fully extended in the starting position.
Your squat position was either too wide or your knees weren't pushed out properly (though I'd say feet were too wide), you can see this by the placement of your knees. Remember to always actively push out your knees throughout the whole squat.
I know that you have trouble getting into full depth, but still keep trying, you have more weight to add just through doing this.
Last thing was that I saw little to no DKB. I seemed as though maybe you were either too concentrated on getting the bar up as it's record weight, or you're just not hitting the correct positions on your way up.

There may be more, but I can't see them from this angle. Hope I helped at all, and well done with the PB