PDA

View Full Version : Hang Power Snatches / Cleans

Pete Gordon
05-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Hey everyone.

First off..forgive me. It's been a while since I last posted here. I've been so flat out with a lot of things now. I've still be training pretty hard (as usual).

One thing that I've been doing is my coach has been training me into a jr coaching position for a small club we're starting up. He's always asking me questions about what I'd do if...what is x exercise good for or if an athlete was struggling with y how could we fix that.

Something he asked me the other night has made me think about a few things. He asked the technical advantages of donig 'hang power snatches'. To me I figure that any work from the hang is going to require a lot of speed to get the bar at any reasonable height. So it promotes and encourages how to generate a lot of force.

Power work is about getting under the bar extremely quickly from an above parallel position.

So does that answer the question? It promotes both a quick second pull and very efficent pull of under the bar ?

Kevin Shaughnessy
05-06-2011, 04:25 PM
This might help?

http://www.pendlay.com/Lifts-from-the-Hang-The-Self-Coached-Lifters-Best-Friend-_df_52.html

Greg Everett
05-07-2011, 08:49 AM
hang work is also used to promote better position, esp at the knee and higher on the thigh.