PDA

View Full Version : elbow turn over while cleaning

Jackson Yee
06-17-2011, 09:20 PM
My coach says my elbow turnover is "too ciruclar, kind of like I'm curling it." Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Jack

Greg Everett
06-18-2011, 10:05 AM
You have to turn the bar into a pivot point for the elbows, and for that to happen, it needs to be in the right place. When turning over the bar, pull the elbows high and to the sides to bring the bar to the upper chest. As you begin to turn the elbows over, retract the shoulder blades and pull the elbows back before they come around - in other words, pull the bar up and back into the throat. Then the elbows can spin around it without much resistance and with the bar staying in immediate proximity to the body so it's delivered smoothly to the shoulders.

you can practice with muscle cleans / clean long pulls - http://www.cathletics.com/exercises/exercise.php?exerciseID=321

Jackson Yee
06-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Thanks Greg!When do this, does it "spin" the bar? Is spinning the bar essential?

Looking forward to your new DVD.

Greg Everett
06-20-2011, 08:14 AM
Thanks Greg!When do this, does it "spin" the bar? Is spinning the bar essential?

Yes, the bar will/must spin because you will still be gripping it until the forearms are at least vertical or beyond.

Jackson Yee
06-21-2011, 08:24 PM
Thanks!

aldrich marlin
07-07-2011, 11:25 PM
HI there all buddies,
I also wanna know about the same kind of question and wanna know about the better one help and solution there....
Thanks in advance...