PDA

View Full Version : C A whiteboard.

Hugh Gilmore
07-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Hi, Greg or others who train at CA.

So I saw in today's daily video a whiteboard in the background i assume its got names on the left column and exercises on the top.

I am intrigued as to what exercises are kept track of on the board at CA and is it only just one rep maxs? if so why not 3 and 5 rep maxes.

Also are there any other exercises that you would include on the board which you feel should be included?

I am asking because I have done up a similar board which i use to track my 1, 3 and 5 rep max's and also initially had too many exercises on the board and narrowed it down to just the basics lifts + power versions , push press, press, front and back squat.

Also id be interested in others opinions and thoughts on this?

I have found it quite a useful motivational tool.

Greg Everett
07-12-2011, 11:58 AM
total, snatch, cj, clean, jerk, pwr sn, pwr cln, press, push press, ohs, snatch bal, muscle sn, back squat, front squat.... i may have forgotten 1 or 2 but I believe that's it

all 1 rep because that's what matters for what we do.

Hugh Gilmore
07-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the swift response Greg,

Has got me thinking.... i decided to do 3 and 5 rep maxes because of the squat, because im crap at it and have found 1 reps of no use cause im just beginning and my technique is not great ..... thanks for the reply, at least i know im going in that direction.