PDA

View Full Version : Should I take 3 weeks off?

Chris Henderson
07-18-2011, 08:07 PM
I've been slowly adding more olympic lifts to my routine over the last 3 months. I started with 2 days a week; 1 day clean and Jerk, the other day Snatch. Now, I'm working 4 days a week 2 days dedicated to snatch and/or snatch accessory lifts, the other 2 days to C/J and/or accessory lifts.

I've made some nice progress:
My max snatch was 70kg in April, 80kg last week

My max Clean and Jerk was 99 Kg in April, 108Kg last week.

I'm about to go on a 3 week vacation. Should I take 3 weeks off?
I would stay active with body weight exercises and some running. But I feel that my lifting would take a serious step backwards.

Just in case, If anyone out there knows a place I can train near "The Woodlands, Tx" send me a PM.

Thanks.

Bee Brian
07-18-2011, 08:50 PM
I've been slowly adding more olympic lifts to my routine over the last 3 months. I started with 2 days a week; 1 day clean and Jerk, the other day Snatch. Now, I'm working 4 days a week 2 days dedicated to snatch and/or snatch accessory lifts, the other 2 days to C/J and/or accessory lifts.

I've made some nice progress:
My max snatch was 70kg in April, 80kg last week

My max Clean and Jerk was 99 Kg in April, 108Kg last week.

I'm about to go on a 3 week vacation. Should I take 3 weeks off?
I would stay active with body weight exercises and some running. But I feel that my lifting would take a serious step backwards.

Just in case, If anyone out there knows a place I can train near "The Woodlands, Tx" send me a PM.

Thanks.

How dedicated are you with your training?

Taking three weeks off will severely impact the progress you have made so far. If I were you, I would get a gym membership nearby if I can't find a weightlifting-oriented gym.

This is more of a matter of your dedication for the sport.

sarena kopciel
07-19-2011, 10:10 AM
You can always post on goheavy.com and ask about a gym that is Oly friendly in that area.Good luck

Nicolas Warren
07-21-2011, 04:11 AM
My 2 cents; enjoy the break. :)

You should have years of lifting ahead of you. Maybe just be patient starting up again, and after your holiday take at least a few weeks to get back in the swing of things with nice light weights.

Grissim Connery
07-21-2011, 01:31 PM
is this serious?

you'll be fine if you take a break.