PDA

View Full Version : O-lifting and mass gain

Andy Shelton
08-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Is there a way to personalize the o-lift template on the blog to provide some mass gain benefit? I would like to put on 10 pounds of muscle mass over the next year or so.

I am 6' 175lbs @ 12%BF now(age 50). I have some o-lifting background, I had Don McCauley as a coach for a couple years in the late 90s.

I have not done much dedicated strength training for the past couple of years though due to a back injury issue that is now mostly resolved. (I posted in Fitness/GPP about a Front Squat/Back Squat comparison issue).

Any advise is appreciated.

Hugh Gilmore
08-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Hi, I dont have any answers for you but a good place to start would be gregs book as it has a training program for mass gain for oly lifters.

I have the first version and id say its well worth the money.

Bee Brian
08-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Hi, I dont have any answers for you but a good place to start would be gregs book as it has a training program for mass gain for oly lifters.

It does?! Awesome!

:)

Brian M Smith
09-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Is there a way to personalize the o-lift template on the blog to provide some mass gain benefit? I would like to put on 10 pounds of muscle mass over the next year or so.

I am 6' 175lbs @ 12%BF now(age 50). I have some o-lifting background, I had Don McCauley as a coach for a couple years in the late 90s.

I have not done much dedicated strength training for the past couple of years though due to a back injury issue that is now mostly resolved. (I posted in Fitness/GPP about a Front Squat/Back Squat comparison issue).

Any advise is appreciated.

greg has an article on the site you can buy called "mass (a)gain"

its also in the book, if you have it or are looking to purchase it (if not, the article is only like $2.50 or something on the site)

alternatively, you could add in some bodybuilding exercises after your olympic lifting sessions, 3-5sets of 10reps, 50-60% of 1rm.

Greg Everett
09-24-2011, 09:55 AM
Figure out a way to get some more volume in - add the bodybuilding stuff like Brian suggested, and do a couple sets of 8-10 reps in the squat after your regular squat workouts, or throw in a few sets of 1-legged work instead with relatively high reps. And eat more.