PDA

View Full Version : Time for a New Training Cycle?

Ben Glidewell
08-30-2011, 10:49 AM
I am finishing up my 2nd cycle of the Sample Master's Program posted in the articles section. I am thinking of changing to another cycle with a more aggressive linear progression and higher volume. I am a novice OLY lifter with a power lifting background, 31, 5'8, 220#. I like the 3 day template of SMP working OLY on M-W-F and I have added a strength day on Saturday (deadlift or press). My form/technique is improving and the weight is going up gradually. I am thinking of going to the "general program" in the training cycles, but I would rather not give up my strength day on Sat. Since it is a 5 day program is it worth switching over if I run OLY MWF, or if I do give up the strength day I would still have to carry over one day to the next week...

Any suggestions or questions to consider would be appreciated

Bee Brian
08-31-2011, 11:12 AM
How about the one from coach Plamen Asparukhov?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/criticalbench22.htm

Ben Glidewell
09-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the reply

I don’t know if my technique is proficient enough to work MTR right now... I am looking for more of a linear progression program/cycle. Has anyone completed the "general program" with good results?

Greg Everett
09-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Ben -

Since no one else has offered an answer, I will chime in and say that I've used that general program and iterations of it many times with quite a few lifters and have had good success.