PDA

View Full Version : Experiance with a push/pull heavy/light system

Troy Kerr
11-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Here are the results of my recent experience utilizing a push/pull & heavy/light program.
Overall the program worked great. Prior beginning the program my tuck planche was barely a second, and I could barely lower through a front lever.
Using a band assisted tuck planche, and scap-protraction pre-hab, I jumped from 1 second tuck planche to a 15 second tuck planche. For the front lever, the biggest change I made was adding vertical pulling back into my routine ( before I was mainly doing straight arm pulling, and some horizontal rowing), and utilizing negatives 2x/week.
Skill work was focused on straight arm press to handstands against a wall.
If anyone would like to see specifics let me know.

Blair Lowe
11-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Sure. How long of a cycle was it?

Troy Kerr
11-21-2011, 06:13 PM
I meant for it to be 8 weeks, however it ended stretching out to 12 do to my schedule getting busy with exams and work the last month. Light days I used 50% of my static hold times, heavy days used 70%.

Blair Lowe
11-22-2011, 09:09 AM
Nice, didn't we talk about doing this before?

Troy Kerr
11-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Yeah I think we did. On the heavy days the volume was low, I used 5 second holds, and worked up to 20-25 seconds of volume depending on how I was feeling. Volume days I worked up to 60 seconds. Steve made the initial push/pull recommendation, and the suggested breaking into the heavy/light day. It has worked really well.