PDA

View Full Version : CrossFit In N Out Fran challenge

Gabe Rinaldi
03-11-2007, 09:12 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OaC3TDOTzkQ

Allen Yeh
03-12-2007, 05:25 AM
What's a In N Out? Something like Mcdonalds?

BTW that is just wrong! I avoid eating for hours before Fran I couldn't imagine stuffing my face with burgers in the middle...ugh....

Gabe Rinaldi
03-12-2007, 06:00 AM
http://www.in-n-out.com/

yep, but much better than mcdonalds....still not the healthiest thing

Ronnie Ashlock
03-12-2007, 08:08 AM
One could do worse than having a double-double protein and animal style. Not a bad choice if you're on the go, want something high in protein and don't want a lot of carbs. I always told them to hold the sauce.

Mark Gebhard
03-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Am I the only one who holds In-N-Out in reverential awe? A double-double protein-style lets you taste heaven.

Nice video, Gabe.

Ronnie Ashlock
03-12-2007, 08:27 AM
Am I the only one who holds In-N-Out in reverential awe? A double-double protein-style lets you taste heaven.

Word.

Gabe Rinaldi
03-12-2007, 10:11 AM

Nice video, Gabe.

They are pretty tasty burgers. Thanks :)

Billy_Brummel
03-12-2007, 12:16 PM
I know a girl who is an inspector for the USDA. She says In-N-Out's meat is head and shoulders better than any other fast food meat quality out there.

It's not grass fed, but hey we don't live in a perfect world.

Robb Wolf
03-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Awesome! In-N-out is dreamy...I may need to stop by there on the way home.

Mike ODonnell
03-12-2007, 04:30 PM
They deliver to the east coast???Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Chris Forbis
03-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Allen-

In-N-Out Burger is something you must experience before you die.

Really.

Allen Yeh
03-13-2007, 04:11 AM
The only locations are CA, NV and AZ?? sheesh! Yeah whoever is delievering some to Mike shift some towards VA while you are at it.

Aimee Anaya Everett
03-13-2007, 08:44 AM
Gabe...
Sorry we missed the in-n-out fun! we weren't able to make it back over there in time.
Thanks again for letting greg and i train at your gym this weekend. we had some good workouts and greg got a 3 kg pr in his clean & jerk.
awesome!

Gabe Rinaldi
03-14-2007, 08:52 AM
Gabe...
Sorry we missed the in-n-out fun! we weren't able to make it back over there in time.
Thanks again for letting greg and i train at your gym this weekend. we had some good workouts and greg got a 3 kg pr in his clean & jerk.
awesome!

No problem! It was fun to have you both. I've been slacking on our blog style pages, but I'm going to post up some pics of you in the near future. Greg, congrats on the PR. I know it's sometimes fun to lift in a different gym. I had some good workouts at the UCSD gym a few years ago....for whatever reason the environment, maybe just because it was different, made me lift better.

I'm still waiting for someone to post a video response to the In N Out Fran challenge...

Robb Wolf
03-14-2007, 10:54 AM
I'd have to do it without the bun...can I do an order of fries instead?

Gabe Rinaldi
03-14-2007, 07:52 PM
I'd have to do it without the bun...can I do an order of fries instead?

hmmm, how about an order of fries before the round of 21 and another order before the round of 15

seems like a fair trade....I'd love to see you do it....I think you can be sub 10 minutes for sure

Allen Yeh
03-15-2007, 03:19 AM
I'm still waiting for someone to post a video response to the In N Out Fran challenge...

Can I volunteer Greg?

Greg Everett
03-15-2007, 06:46 AM
Can I volunteer Greg?

No you may not.

Allen Yeh
03-15-2007, 06:54 AM
No you may not.

Well in that case...can I volunteer Robb then?

Mike ODonnell
03-15-2007, 07:23 AM
Do Krystal Burgers count?

Gabe Rinaldi
03-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Do Krystal Burgers count?

After skimming this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krystal_(restaurant)

I get the impression they might make little tiny burgers. If they have normal size burgers, then have at it. I need at least one or two people to post a video response to keep this thing rolling....so far the social experiment is falling flat.

Mike ODonnell
03-15-2007, 12:09 PM
I get the impression they might make little tiny burgers.

Damn....so much for my version....yeah I used to pound about 15 of those at 3am back in the day.....

Gabe Rinaldi
03-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Damn....so much for my version....yeah I used to pound about 15 of those at 3am back in the day.....

alrighty, how about 6 before the round of 21, 4 before the round of 15, and 2 before the round of 9 :)

Robb Wolf
03-16-2007, 06:03 AM
I'll have to think on this one....I usually have an overwhelming need to poop my britches prior to and during Fran....not sure if I'm up for this gluttony. I have seriously thought about a "Drunken Helen". Set a timer for one hour and see how many rounds of classic helen you can get...but start each round with either a beer or a shot. The beer is going to be loads of volume and gassy...the shot will hit your system instantly! Top rounds in one hour wins.

Steve Shafley
03-16-2007, 06:24 AM
Heh. I finally watched this. Fun stuff.

The Peeps Challenge vid is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iecbV9jj8AQ

A number of years back, Bob Lipinski and I did a challenge where we drank in between sets of axle push presses in my back yard, or something.

Robb: Whenever I feel a physical challenge is coming up, most ususally before a lifting meet or a rugby game, I'd have to lose the ballast as well.

Chris Forbis
03-16-2007, 06:53 AM
Robb: Whenever I feel a physical challenge is coming up, most ususally before a lifting meet or a rugby game, I'd have to lose the ballast as well.

Ditto here. My body seems to know when the best time to purge excess weight is.

Mike ODonnell
03-16-2007, 07:40 AM
Ditto here. My body seems to know when the best time to purge excess weight is.

I think every adventure race I have done....I have barely made the start due to being locked in the portapotty.....that and I know the bathroom at the ice rink very well.

Funny story on those lines...a buddy of mine was flown down and sponsored for a triathlon in Mexico....thought he had time...went to the potty....then while sitting there heard the starting gun....Opppssss.....needless to say it was fun trying to explain to his sponsors why his start time was 10min behind everyone else.....

Robb Wolf
03-16-2007, 06:38 PM

Man it's just crazy...it's like I'm creating matter....It's like 5 days worth of food comes out and I'm REALLY regular as it is. Weird.

Mike ODonnell
03-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Man it's just crazy...it's like I'm creating matter....It's like 5 days worth of food comes out and I'm REALLY regular as it is. Weird.

Survival instinct...much like if you step on the tail of a snake digesting a pig....he will throw up the pig to have all his energy for fight or flight....except at this point...it's past digestion....but the body is smart enough to know to dump the excess stress on the system and get ready for action!

...He..He.....I said dump.....He...He....

Ronnie Ashlock
03-17-2007, 08:25 AM
Good to know I'm not the only one who has to lighten the load as well. Everytime. The body knows what's coming....

Don Stevenson
03-18-2007, 08:50 PM
I've thought about running an end of year workout like this

1 x beer keg half full of water
1 x beer keg full of beer

clean and press water keg x5
pullups x 15
Run 400
drink beer

most rounds before vomiting/passing out wins

I'd have a go at your burger challenge but i'd have to find an acceptable burger substitute since i'm a fair way from any american burger joints and i refuse to eat McDonalds for health/ethical reasons