PDA

View Full Version : Finding A Coach

Andrew Roden
12-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Looking for an Oly coach. How much weight should I put on the person having the USAW cert? Crossfit Oly cert? Anyone have pointers or redflags?

Matt Foreman
12-06-2011, 06:28 PM
The only real pointer I would offer on this is that certifications don't tell you who the good coaches are. If you want a good Olympic weightlifting coach, you should ask a lot of people who are real Olympic lifters and see which names you come up with. They might be much different names than the ones the certifications would lead you to.

Blair Lowe
12-06-2011, 11:47 PM
Find an oly club, they should have coaches with experience.

Matt Morris
12-07-2011, 05:29 AM
Andrew, where are you? Maybe the folks on here can recommend people.

Greg Everett
12-07-2011, 09:22 AM
The only real pointer I would offer on this is that certifications don't tell you who the good coaches are. If you want a good Olympic weightlifting coach, you should ask a lot of people who are real Olympic lifters and see which names you come up with. They might be much different names than the ones the certifications would lead you to.

yes.

Andrew Roden
12-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Near Syracuse NY. Apparently the desert of Olympic lifting. One crossfit coach I am talking to in syr. Plus some clubs in Buffalo 2 hours+ and a group in Rochester 1 hour..

Getting setup with a video system for better self coaching and online feedback...