PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed!

Harrison Wolff
01-29-2012, 02:57 PM
I was also wondering what cycle to start training with. I have been on the 5 week strength cycle for 4 weeks now, but I'm not sure if it's what I should be doing. I am somewhat new to olympic lifting. Here's a little about my lifts and me:

BW- 80kg
Height- 5'11

Snatch- 70kg
Clean and Jerk- 93kg

My clean and jerk form is good. My snatch is pretty ugly (unless I split snatch) I have a hard time popping my hip to hit the bar, and by far my biggest problem is getting under the bar fast.
I could really use some guidance here. Any help would be much appreciated!

Harrison

Gareth Rees
01-30-2012, 02:42 AM
I was also wondering what cycle to start training with. I have been on the 5 week strength cycle for 4 weeks now, but I'm not sure if it's what I should be doing. I am somewhat new to olympic lifting. Here's a little about my lifts and me:

BW- 80kg
Height- 5'11

Snatch- 70kg
Clean and Jerk- 93kg

My clean and jerk form is good. My snatch is pretty ugly (unless I split snatch) I have a hard time popping my hip to hit the bar, and by far my biggest problem is getting under the bar fast.
I could really use some guidance here. Any help would be much appreciated!

Harrison

Harrison, I'm not quite sure what help you're really asking for here; Programming, or techique?
Unfortunately I won't be of much help with the programming question, as I program my sessions myself rather than follow them (purely because my circumstances are constantly changine, making consistency difficult, not because I don't think they'd be good).
The technique question I may be able to help with (hopefully). But you really would need to post a video! (though I don't like the sounds of 'popping your hip to hit the bar' :S that may be an issue). my opinion is that your level of technique should dictate your training exercises / loads etc...