PDA

View Full Version : Collar bone/ sternoclavicular

Erik Hayes
03-07-2012, 10:56 AM
2 questions

I have a pretty bad bone bruise from the bar crashing on my sternoclavicular joint. Everytime I Clean it reaggravates. even with the techniques used in Greg's book. Yes, sometimes I don't get the technique perfect and it crashes.

How common is this and once it is injured how do you prevent reaggravating it. I did a period of no cleans for 3 months.

Is there a way to massage it out or make it go away?

Steven Low
03-07-2012, 01:52 PM
I'd give it a break for a bit and work on your strength without working this technique.

For joints you pretty much have to just let it heal -- non-painful mobility work is good, possibly some isolation work if it doesn't hurt, anti-inflams, ice if it helps, etc.

Kyle Fruin
03-15-2013, 10:31 AM
I've been having this same problem. I'm yet to find a way around it, I just kind of work through the discomfort of having the bar hit there. I refuse to go a full three months without doing a clean, I've just decided to basically go back to square one and MASTER the movement with lighter weights and VERY high speed. If you do find a solution to this let me know as I've been looking for one for a while now!

James Davison
04-26-2013, 04:34 AM
I've been having this same issue. I'm yet to discover a way around it, I just type of perform through the pain of having the bar hit there. I do not go a complete three several weeks without doing training (https://www.rebelmouse.com/premierfitnessolutions/).