PDA

View Full Version : Another childhood obesity study....Sighhhh

Mike ODonnell
03-19-2007, 07:19 PM
"“This study provides some of the first robust evidence on the link between physical activity and obesity in children,” Chris Riddoch of Britain’s Bath University, who worked on the study, said in a statement."

Are you freaking serious??? Like it was a myth before??? Damn.....more science...less common sense....Yippeee.....other than that....more evidence for interval training at any level.....however treadmill companies will have their own study backing treadmills and new kids models in time for Christmas....because why play outside when it's so darn dangerous out there....Oooohhhhh.....

and this:
"It is clearly a matter of people eating more calories than they burn off, but experts cannot agree whether diet or exercise is more important — and which kind of exercise might be best."

Who are these so called experts?? My god....call me and you'll have an answer in 30 seconds without a 4 year study needed....damn.....childhood obesity, the new big business to be in....just watch....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17695865/

Robb Wolf
03-19-2007, 07:24 PM
We never needed proof to ram a high carb diet down the collective throats...funny we need it to warrant more exercise to stave off obesity.

Pierre Auge
03-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Well Robb evidence has to be given because otherwise that new government initiative that would ban sweating in public would be jeopardized!

Wait for it in a few years governments are going to issue everyone a segway in order to protect them from the stress of walking!

In the mean time I'll try to give myself exertional rhabdomyolisis for a 3rd time. I'm going for a record!!!

Allen Yeh
03-20-2007, 04:38 AM
I have no idea who said this but I know all of you have heard this before:

Common sense, isn't...

Articles/studies like this are ridiculous! What parent would think that doing less than 15 minutes of activity a day is better for their child!!!!!

Scott Kustes
03-21-2007, 06:59 AM
This makes me think of all the studies that show eating fruits and vegetables to be healthful. WE NEEDED A STUDY FOR THAT?!!?!?!?

Allen Yeh
03-21-2007, 07:39 AM
This makes me think of all the studies that show eating fruits and vegetables to be healthful. WE NEEDED A STUDY FOR THAT?!!?!?!?

On that topic check this link out, somewhat sad really.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/news/20070319/americans-eating-fewer-vegetables

Ron Nelson
03-21-2007, 07:10 PM
This just in: drinking alcohol alters your mood.

Quick MOD, open thyself a Guinness and watch the nasty studies melt away.

Works wonders for me.

Mike ODonnell
03-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Quick MOD, open thyself a Guinness and watch the nasty studies melt away.

There's just too many....I cant escape.....that and too much Guinness makes another kind of nasty show up.....that wont leave in the AM....