PDA

View Full Version : Macro advice

Kevin Pinel
10-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Hi All,

I've started trying to gain weight, move up a weight class in Judo and just generally get some bulk on me! (aiming for 80kgs eventually)

However, I need some advice on cals and macros.

Rather than layout a daily shopping list, I think it would be better to get an idea of how much I should try to eat and then adjust accordingly.

I eat eggs cooked in butter + veggies everyday for breakfast, shake and banana PWO, then 50g of meat or fish with 2 fist of starches and loads of veggies (5-7 per day) in my other 2 meals (plus EVOO and almond butter for fats). But I have different appetites on different days.

What would be a good place to start for a 70kg male, 176cm and who lifts heavy 3x per week and has judo 2x per week, aswell as 1 conditioning day (mandatory 1.5 hour squad session as I train with Jersey Judo Club) calorie and macro wise ? Ball park figures would be useful.

Also, I know I should avoid too many starches for health reasons, but I have no idea how to have more carbs without including them, so any advice in that area would be great aswell.

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

Kev