PDA

View Full Version : First snatch critique request

Whit Matthews
12-30-2012, 04:44 PM
This is 84kg, about 95% of my 1RM. Working on keeping my back tight and avoiding early hip raise, and I see I still have some work to do. The last one's probably the best. Thanks in advance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayk6bceqtds

Ayk6bceqtds

P.s., the first one is crap, I probably should've omitted it.

Whit Matthews
01-07-2013, 10:24 AM
bump

Greg Everett
01-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Like you said, keep working on controlling that excessive hip rise.

Try to stay flat-footed longer in the pull - think of feeling pressure on your heels until the bar is in your hips. Punch the legs through the ground as you explode the hips open.

Be more active/aggressive in changing directions/pulling under.

Whit Matthews
01-09-2013, 06:01 AM
Thanks Greg. Some other feedback I got was that I start too far in the hole, that I basically need to start the pull with my hips higher. Do you agree? I've seen some guys start low so I'm not sure if it's a preference thing or something I should really change.

P.S. I love listening to you and Robb every week. If you ever wanted to do an Oly-lifting-specific podcast, you'd have at least one listener.

Greg Everett
01-09-2013, 10:17 AM
You don't technically start there - you just do a type of dynamic start. If you find that you can't be consistent in your position/balance when separating the bar from the floor, trying a static start with a higher hip position would help.

Thomas Brenden
01-09-2013, 03:29 PM
P.S. I love listening to you and Robb every week. If you ever wanted to do an Oly-lifting-specific podcast, you'd have at least one listener.

Make that two.