PDA

View Full Version : Video of last competition-Technique advice

Helder Castro
06-01-2013, 03:17 PM
QiZFfA5X0uU

Got a pr on the jerk and cleaned 100kg first time but i can't seem to improve on the snatches,maybe due to lack of speed:rolleyes:

Comments??

Thank You

Helder Castro
06-02-2013, 04:12 AM
Sorry for not placing the youtube video correctly,it's working now:rolleyes:

Helder Castro
06-05-2013, 11:28 AM
No comments people?? :o

Javier Sanjuan
06-06-2013, 04:25 AM
Helder,

I can't really tell much from that angle in terms of your lift, but it looks like you're doing very well. Just keep training hard!

If you feel your speed pulling under the snatch is lacking (I didn't see a problem on the first snatch), then you can work on tall snatches, hang/block snatches, and snatch balances.

In my opinion, you have those missed snatches and jerk. You need to trust yourself and push yourself under that bar.

Hope this helps,
Javi

Helder Castro
06-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Helder,

I can't really tell much from that angle in terms of your lift, but it looks like you're doing very well. Just keep training hard!

If you feel your speed pulling under the snatch is lacking (I didn't see a problem on the first snatch), then you can work on tall snatches, hang/block snatches, and snatch balances.

In my opinion, you have those missed snatches and jerk. You need to trust yourself and push yourself under that bar.

Hope this helps,
Javi

:) Thanks man

Blake Barnes
06-06-2013, 02:54 PM
I agree with Javier. The camera angle is just a little too square to see everything.

Your technique is very good. It looks like your turnover could be a little quicker on the snatch. Specifically on the act of pulling under the bar; try to be a little more aggressive. I agree with Javier in doing some tall snatches/dip snatches/block snatches.

Also, you have a lot of room for depth in that bottom position but that may be difficult because you look like you have long legs. So keep working on that mobility and keep training hard.

Greg Everett
06-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Aside from the slow turnover as these guys have already pointed out, you need to get more aggressive with the second pull - the lift is practically one speed from start to finish. As the bar comes into about mid-thigh, you need to explode upward, not just extend. Dip snatches, high-hang snatches and block snatches should help with that, but you also simply need to cue yourself to get more aggressive. Take a day of training where you don't think much if at all about technique, and you make your goal speed at the top of the pull - see what happens.

Helder Castro
06-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Aside from the slow turnover as these guys have already pointed out, you need to get more aggressive with the second pull - the lift is practically one speed from start to finish. As the bar comes into about mid-thigh, you need to explode upward, not just extend. Dip snatches, high-hang snatches and block snatches should help with that, but you also simply need to cue yourself to get more aggressive. Take a day of training where you don't think much if at all about technique, and you make your goal speed at the top of the pull - see what happens.

I'll try to put this in practice.

Thank you all for your advice;)

Helder Castro
03-02-2014, 05:42 AM
Some video of my last comp,pr on the snatch,C&J and total.

70-74-76 snatch
95-100-101x
Total: 176kg
Bw: 79kg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS8jgmD1KPE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJHCGis3X6Q

Got a red on the 100kg jerk,the pressout was obvious.

Comments??

Helder Castro
03-11-2014, 12:11 PM
Besides the obvious need for improving the jerk,any pointers???

Blake Barnes
03-11-2014, 01:31 PM
With the quality of the video and the angle of the camera, it's hard to even make much of an analysis.

Snatch-
The snatches all look pretty easy. You start with a really wide stance because you have long legs so if that works for you then that's fine. It would be beneficial if you had a little better flexibility/mobility to get lower in the bottom position because you almost power snatch each one.

Clean-
From what I can tell your cleans looks good, you just need to work on building strength in the legs. You can pull the bar high but your weakness is getting out of the hole. I would jump on a squat cycle for sure.

Helder Castro
03-12-2014, 02:38 AM
With the quality of the video and the angle of the camera, it's hard to even make much of an analysis.

Snatch-
The snatches all look pretty easy. You start with a really wide stance because you have long legs so if that works for you then that's fine. It would be beneficial if you had a little better flexibility/mobility to get lower in the bottom position because you almost power snatch each one.

Clean-
From what I can tell your cleans looks good, you just need to work on building strength in the legs. You can pull the bar high but your weakness is getting out of the hole. I would jump on a squat cycle for sure.

Hi Blake,thank you for the comments. Actually the video had better quality but i kinda screwed it with you tube editor:rolleyes:
Usually i hit a lower position in the warm-up room,then at the platform i have the tendency to catch the lifts around parallel.:rolleyes:
As for leg strength,i'm trying to improve that by squatting first and then doing the lifts.

Blake Barnes
03-14-2014, 09:47 AM
That's fine if you're on a designated squat program. Simply squatting first before everything isn't necessarily going to make your legs stronger. That just means you're going to feel a little more fresh when doing your squats. If you're not on a squat cycle, I would do your more technical lifts first then squat towards the end of the training session.

Helder Castro
03-22-2014, 04:06 PM
That's fine if you're on a designated squat program. Simply squatting first before everything isn't necessarily going to make your legs stronger. That just means you're going to feel a little more fresh when doing your squats. If you're not on a squat cycle, I would do your more technical lifts first then squat towards the end of the training session.

Hi Blake,

I'm doing the Russian Squat Routine,tailored for Master Lifters.
Thank your for the advice.

Charlie Reynolds
03-23-2014, 04:16 PM
Get your shoulders over more from the start. That looks like the main reason why your lifts are forward ie the bar has to travel round your knees and you end up too far back/behind the bar. Re jerk, bend your back leg.