PDA

View Full Version : Basic Reps Program for Master lifter

Keith Miller
07-07-2013, 01:12 PM
Okay, I would like to get some advice. I just turned 40 last week, but I've been lifting for quite a time (over 12 yrs). I'm not very good at programming for myself, and I've been somewhat stagnant on the lifts for longer than I would like. I am doing a local meet in 6 weeks, and it was recommended to run the Basic Reps Cycle to prep.

For anyone who's run this program, especially Master lifters, can you give any advice for getting through it? Modify volume somewhat, anything? I would greatly appreciate it.

For what it's worth, my best numbers are:

BW: 85kg
Snatch: 90kg
Clean & Jerk: 120kg
Front Squat: 135kg
Back Squat: 155kg

Greg Everett
07-09-2013, 02:43 PM
I think you'll probably be fine with the program as written. Give the first week a shot, and if you feel like it's too much, cut back on the Tue/Thur workouts a bit.

Keith Miller
07-16-2013, 10:32 PM
I think you'll probably be fine with the program as written. Give the first week a shot, and if you feel like it's too much, cut back on the Tue/Thur workouts a bit.

Thanks, Greg!! I finished Mon and Tues, with a slight reduction in volume for Tues (about 50% reduction on power SN and PP). Monday's paused back squats destroyed my legs and hips for today, but still managed 125kg Rack Jerk. We'll see how I get on the rest of the week, but so far so good!! :D