PDA

View Full Version : 300 training diet

Mike ODonnell
03-24-2007, 01:04 PM
I am curious...does anyone know the details of the diet he used....Zone...Paleo...Pwo feedings...cal maintenance....etc? Sounds more Paleo from the details below...but I wondered if he used any other protocols PWO too.

From Gym Jones
"The first misconception is that we used a bodybuilding-type program of progressive overload and over-feeding with the goal of making the guys look huge. We took the opposite route of calorie restriction to make them look like they lived off the land, in the wild, all sinewy and ripped. The diet was adequate to fuel effort and recovery, barely."

Jesse Woody
03-24-2007, 01:55 PM
This was discussed on one of the many threads that popped up on T-nation. Apparently one of the guys emailed Gym Jones and received the reply that it was Paleo food choices with Zone-ish ratios to fuel the massive amount of met-con along with hectic shooting schedules.

Mike ODonnell
03-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Yeah...never really read the threads over there....just the articles...will have to go looking...but that was my best guess....although was wondering if he took the whole athletic zone with paleo food choices approach...

Robb Wolf
03-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Shocker! So...paleo Zone gets results?!

Scott Kustes
03-24-2007, 03:11 PM
Whoda thunk it Robb? It's amazing(ly sad) that we have to teach people to eat unprocessed foods.

Mike ODonnell
03-24-2007, 05:05 PM
I'm making my own Irish Paleo book.....where history proves that humans hunted beer, pizza and buffalo wings in the wild.......