PDA

View Full Version : Happy B-day Yael!!!

Robb Wolf
03-25-2007, 08:09 AM
Happy birthday you pesky little squirt!

So I think we need a rendition of "happy Birthday" sung in my best Axl Rose immitation...a b-day workout with everything multiples of 28. Spanking to ensue after we have tuckered you out!

Mike ODonnell
03-25-2007, 08:24 AM
Spanking to ensue after we have tuckered you out!

Robb aren't you get like married soon?? Shessshhhh.....leave it to Ron and I...I think I have an old Fraternity paddle somewhere....

Oh yeah...Happy B-Day!

Robb Wolf
03-25-2007, 08:42 AM
Robb aren't you get like married soon?? Shessshhhh.....leave it to Ron and I...I think I have an old Fraternity paddle somewhere....

Oh yeah...Happy B-Day!

Too true, too true...you chaps are on the job!

Derek Simonds
03-25-2007, 08:51 AM
Best wishes on your birthday! We celebrated my sons on Saturday nd my daughters is Monday.

Enjoy your day.

Yuen Sohn
03-25-2007, 09:14 AM
Happy Birthday!

Steve Shafley
03-25-2007, 09:42 AM
Yay! Happy Birthday.

Rick Deckart
03-25-2007, 09:44 AM
Happy Birthday Yael!

Yael Grauer
03-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Thanks everyone. :) My birthday WOD:

28 35# dumbbell swings
28 45# overhead squats
28 20# medicine ball clean and jerks
28 bw lunge steps (28 each leg)

Did it in 15:17. Not great, but not bad. The hardest part was carrying the medicine ball back to my car afterwards.

Fraternity paddle? :eek:

Steve Shafley
03-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Where's the chocolate? And the...uh..never mind.

28 pieces of real chocolate!

Steve Liberati
03-25-2007, 04:23 PM
Happy 28th B-day Yael! That workout had nothing on you:)

Greg Everett
03-25-2007, 05:09 PM
i don't know about you guys, but i prefer spanking bare-handed...

Yael Grauer
03-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Happy 28th B-day Yael! That workout had nothing on you:)

Awww, shucks. :o

And thanks Shaf for the chocolate. :D

Allen Yeh
03-26-2007, 04:18 AM
Happy belated Birthday!

Scott Kustes
03-26-2007, 06:38 AM
Happy Birthday Yael! Hope it was a good one.

Ron Nelson
03-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Yael, you pup.

My wife turned 40 on Saturday and we celebrated by chartering a bus for 35 of us to go to Primm, NV for a little gambling and drinking. OK, a lot of drinking.

I did an unintended IF all day Saturday and consumed about 10 beers, a shot of Jaeger, and a couple of more beers. Almost no food. Result? Still hungover today. But, I won $500 playing video poker.

Enough about me. Happy birthday to you. I can almost remember being 28.

It's when I met the wife. So long ago.

Ken Urakawa
03-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Happy B-day!

Steve Shafley
03-26-2007, 05:49 PM
A while back I was in Brugge, in Belgium. I was hanging out with some folk from the Netherlands while doing some work stuff in Terneuzan (back when I worked, nyuck, nyuck), and they were feeding me these Belgian craftbrews all day.

"Steve, they only make 50 barrels of this a year! Steve, this is, perhaps, the best trappist ale in the world! Steve, you liked the Duval, this is even better!"

It was brutal. The bastards.

So, on top of that, they showed me this chocolate shop that had absolutely mindboggling chocolate.

So, beer and chocolate for 16 hours. I didn't feel all to good the next day, but I did feel good enough to get in a half of a rugby game in Terneuzan with a borrowed kit.

Yael Grauer
03-26-2007, 06:11 PM
Ron--that sounds like fun! No gambling or drinking for me but I got out of a speeding ticket on Saturday, so I'm happy.

Shaf--One of my mentor teachers told his whole classroom about his mother in law who had allergies. She finally went to a doctor to get testing to find out what she was allergic to. He told her she was allergic to cockroaches. She said, "What does that have to do with me being sick?" It was then that her doctor informed her that chocolate has ground up cockroaches.

I looked this up on snopes and didn't find it. But I did find this page:
http://www.pathlights.com/Public%20Enemies/chocolate.htm It's an anti-caffeine propoganda page, but I haven't been able to determine whether the cockroach percentage information is true or not yet.

Needless to say, I haven't had any chocolate since. It's only been three weeks, but I've been trying to determine whether the super bourgeouis fancy special organic chocolate will be cockroach-free.

Mike ODonnell
03-26-2007, 06:36 PM
"chocolate has ground up cockroaches"

The name of my next best selling diet book.....thanks.....

Ron Nelson
03-26-2007, 07:02 PM
Yael,
That's cool. Driving is always a gamble. This time you won.

Shaf,
That sounds like my worst hangover ever. 20 years ago when I was going to school in England (in Cheltenham). One night, countless different beers bought for me by a "big brother," a week long hangover where nothing stayed in my body for long. Was probably mild alcohol poisoning for all I know.

Good times, good times.

Bring on the cockroaches.

Yael Grauer
03-26-2007, 07:07 PM
That's cool. Driving is always a gamble. This time you won.

Well, only sorta... I didn't get a ticket, but I didn't get his phone number either...

As far as pubs... I lived in England for about 9 months. My tolerance really increased. Half a pint to three pints, or something. The pubs in Ireland are the best though, for the craic.

Yuen Sohn
03-26-2007, 07:25 PM
I looked this up on snopes and didn't find it. But I did find this page:
http://www.pathlights.com/Public%20E.../chocolate.htm It's an anti-caffeine propoganda page, but I haven't been able to determine whether the cockroach percentage information is true or not yet.

I will forget that I ever saw that link.

Uh, well, as long as I can't taste the roach parts, that's good enough for me.

Speaking of rodent hairs and food, did you all see that KFC/Taco Bell incident in the news?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5BjaVulOsQ

Funny thing is, I now have a serious craving for a bucket full of KFC cole slaw right now.

Yael Grauer
03-26-2007, 07:39 PM
I will forget that I ever saw that link.

I wish I could do that, but I am just really grossed out! It's funny, because I've eaten all kinds of things that make other people's stomaches turn... dumpster-diving for veggies, harvesting roadkill, you name it. The roaches just get to me though. *shudder*

Ken Urakawa
03-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Dumpster diving for veggies??? I sense an interesting story...

Allen Yeh
03-27-2007, 04:13 AM
Steve, you liked the Duval, this is even better!"

Ugh...Duval led me to a bad night in NYC...really really bad.

So anyone else know how embaressing it might be to puke all over the place on a Long Island Rail Road? Not that I know, just asking.

Allen Yeh
03-27-2007, 05:35 AM
Shaf--One of my mentor teachers told his whole classroom about his mother in law who had allergies. She finally went to a doctor to get testing to find out what she was allergic to. He told her she was allergic to cockroaches. She said, "What does that have to do with me being sick?" It was then that her doctor informed her that chocolate has ground up cockroaches.

MUHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!! I'm so going to make my wife's day with this news. She looooooves chocolate and all things chocolate related...:D

Jesse Woody
03-27-2007, 05:57 AM
Mike, I have you beat "Everything except for meat and broccoli has cockroaches" A simple guide to nutritional reductionism, by Jesse Woody. I'm working on the copyright now ;)

Happy birthday Yael! Can't believe I didn't see this before...DUH!