PDA

View Full Version : training spinal erectors dynamically

jupp george
09-09-2013, 03:00 PM
Hey guys,

to train the spinal erectors in a dynamically way i generally use back extensions with a rounded back and it works well.
but do you have other excercises? perhaps seated good mornings but instead of a straight back all the time round the back and then raise it up on each rep? or the same execution on a seated back training machine?
it's important for me, that all these excercises training the spinal erectors dynamically and not statically!

thank you all for your inputs. :)

chers
george

Blake Barnes
09-13-2013, 07:22 AM
The back extensions and seated good mornings (with very light weight) should be just fine. I don't think it's that necessary to have a lot of dynamic spinal erector-strengthening exercises. One or two would suffice considering most exercises are done with a flat back that is held statically throughout.

Hunter Laing
09-13-2013, 08:22 AM
Have you tried gatherings? I can feel my lower back working pretty hard in these, and you get a nice stretch in the low back at the bottom.

jupp george
09-13-2013, 02:06 PM
gatherings? sorry, i don't know this exercise. do you have a video for me?

Hunter Laing
09-13-2013, 04:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scZCFRxJFs4

This video is of the two intermediate versions. The second one, the straight leg version, is the one that I have been using and I really like it. He also has videos of easier versions and harder versions on his youtube channel.

Keith Miller
09-16-2013, 08:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scZCFRxJFs4

This video is of the two intermediate versions. The second one, the straight leg version, is the one that I have been using and I really like it. He also has videos of easier versions and harder versions on his youtube channel.

How often do you do that particular exercise and for what rep/set scheme? Thanks!!

Hunter Laing
09-16-2013, 09:44 AM
Right now I'm doing it twice a week, after I train some handstands. As for reps, right now I do 10, 8, 6, but I'm working towards 3 sets of 10 unbroken reps.

Charlie Reynolds
09-17-2013, 06:50 AM
as you mentioned, try round back good mornings and also round back deadlifts with light weights extending the spine as you come up, hyper extensions on an exercise ball? why?