PDA

View Full Version : Snatch Receiving Position Help

Harlan Schulze
12-22-2013, 08:49 PM
I am having a hard time with the snatch. I am stuck at 100kg, but can just power snatch 95kg. I can't overhead squat much more than 100kg, nor snatch balance that much with much/any confidence.

In my mind the logical thing to do would be get those low numbers up to a proportionate level with my 200BS/170FS that I have been working on for a while. Wishing now I didn't neglect the OHS..

Has anyone else had the same issue? How did you get through it?

Are there any training cycles on this site that have an emphasis on it? Or a good program;

What would you recommend doing to fix the problem? (assuming no mobility issues, I am a Kstarr fan boy)

For now I am going to start doing sn bal and ohs every training day (4xwk). But thats just my own shot in the dark.

Would really appreciate any guidance!

I would really appreciate

Blake Barnes
12-23-2013, 12:16 PM
Definitely start doing some OHS but make sure it's on a periodization plan that will set you up for a PR.

Also, I would recommend holding the bottom position for 2-3 seconds to develop your comfort level.

Keith Miller
12-25-2013, 12:11 PM
How long have you been "stuck"? I would work the snatch balance and drop snatch moreso than OHS. IMHO, OHS don't really do anything to improve the snatch, but the other two do.

What kind of programming have you been following?