PDA

View Full Version : Snatch Pulling Problem

Harlan Schulze
12-22-2013, 09:22 PM
The old boys at the gym who lifted in the 80s, tell me to "keep pulling". Honestly I want to, but I can't make the brain to muscle connection to do that.

I am working on the receiving portion but, what kind of corrective drills can I do to get my hips and legs/knees firing at the same point. Not one joint before the other.

Would anyone recommend the block and pull cycle to fix this?

5jhet6UvZro

Blake Barnes
12-23-2013, 12:24 PM
You can just do some Snatch Pulls from the floor or even from pulling blocks. Think about pushing through the floor longer and that will help open your body up a little bit more.

Other than that you're just going to have to make yourself do it. Some things you can't just drill to correct it, you have to make yourself do it.

Keith Miller
12-25-2013, 12:14 PM
You can just do some Snatch Pulls from the floor or even from pulling blocks. Think about pushing through the floor longer and that will help open your body up a little bit more.

Other than that you're just going to have to make yourself do it. Some things you can't just drill to correct it, you have to make yourself do it.

Totally agree with Blake here. Also, try keeping the bar closer in the second pull. The last power snatch was way forward. It looks like you're bumping the bar out from the hips.

Greg Everett
12-29-2013, 07:40 PM
You may also try some dip snatches - high hang snatch without leaning the chest over and with a smooth countermovement. That is, dip at the knees smoothly, chest vertical like you would for a jerk, and without stopping, snatch it from that dip position. This should help you feel that finish with the legs along with the final hip extension.