PDA

View Full Version : Scapho-lunate ligament sprain

Jacob Leivent
03-05-2014, 10:10 PM
I just recently missed a fairly heavy clean forwards and jammed my wrist. After about 2 weeks of trying to deny that i was actually injured I spoke to an orthopedist friend who said I most likely sprained my SL ligament. While I plan on taking the necessary time off from snatch and CJing i was wondering if anyone has any input on whether Pulling would be alright.

Blake Barnes
03-06-2014, 09:00 AM
I would just kind of go by however you feel. If it's painful when you do pulls then maybe don't do them and try some Snatch/CJ Deadlifts.

I'm no expert, that's just personally what I would do.

Jacob Leivent
03-07-2014, 11:32 AM
Thanks Blake. I am planing on doing some DLs. However, i was hoping to hear from maybe Gregg about what he would recommend?? I am assuming a jammed wrist is a very common injury in this sport. While pulling may not cause pain it most definitely puts a lot of tension through the wrist. I wouldnt want to slow down or impede the healing process.

Justin Mariano
10-15-2014, 04:47 AM
I had the same exact injury along with a bone bruise of the scaphoid itself and ECU tendonitis. The best advice I can give to you is rest, rest, rest, and get some patience. I couldn't clean without pain for about 8 weeks.

Discontinue everything that hurts. It sucks, but it is necessary to allow it to heal. I had to stop everything involving a front rack and all overhead work for about 6 weeks then slowly start doing things again.

Focus on increasing pull strength and obviously squat a lot. You can do front squats with your arms crossed (which SUCKS), or with straps wrapped around the bar (google it). I was squatting heavy 3x a week when injured and actually PR'd my back squat by 15lbs and then hit my previous 1RM for 3 reps. It's not all bad if you focus your pissed off energy into still trying to get stronger.

The wrist is very delicate with little blood flow, so it takes a long time to heal. It will get better though!