Patrick Steele
04-11-2014, 03:14 AM
Any comments appreciated!

Thanks.

HkzdFQMDARY

Javier Sanjuan
04-11-2014, 06:34 AM
Patrick,

Nice work! I think the snatch looks solid. I would probably recommend being a little more aggressive with your extension, but other than that, you're doing great!

Best,
Javi

Keith Miller
04-15-2014, 07:38 PM
I agree with Javier, but I would add that you need to move your feet!! That will help in moving under the bar faster!!

Patrick Steele
04-18-2014, 11:51 AM
Thank you for the tips Javier/Keith! I appreciate the feedback and will take those tips to heart.

Shane Woodman
04-29-2014, 08:45 AM
I like drilling lifts without moving my feet to keep my timing in check while going from extension to dropping under. Personally, it has really changed my lifts for the better. That way when moving your feet is necessary to get under bigger weight, you can apply that timing just the same and get lower. Being conscious of my feet is something I noticed after a while and wasn't made apparent through USAW Level 1, but for me has made all the difference. I rarely miss any lift within my strength abilities.

Javier Sanjuan
04-30-2014, 09:12 AM
I feel like feet movement is about that individual lifter's preference. Coach Harvey Newton is a big advocate of little to no foot displacement; one my friends abided by his guidance and found great success with it. As for me, I tried it once, but I found it to be a little awkward. Norik Vardanian is a big advocate for "no feet" snatches and cleans as a tool to work on finishing the pull under. In the end, I think the lifter has to use a little trial and error.