PDA

View Full Version : How to keep from passing out

David Boyle
04-24-2014, 09:09 AM
Every time I get to my max or close on clean and jerk...I'm so light headed and out of breath out of the clean I feel like I'm going to pass out. I notice a lot of lifters take their time and catch a few breathes before they jerk it. When I come up though...I feel like I've been holding my breath for minutes and wanna get the weight up as fast as I can...often failing overhead.

Any tips or cues would be great.

Thanks.

Blake Barnes
04-24-2014, 03:08 PM
Usually when people start to get dizzy from the Clean it's because they have the bar on their carotid artery cutting the blood flow to the brain. Try to get your shoulders up higher to get the bar off of the front of the neck.

I would definitely not try to Jerk if your standing light headed. Take your time. Also make sure you're eating enough in the day before you train.

David Boyle
04-25-2014, 11:15 AM
Usually when people start to get dizzy from the Clean it's because they have the bar on their carotid artery cutting the blood flow to the brain. Try to get your shoulders up higher to get the bar off of the front of the neck.

I would definitely not try to Jerk if your standing light headed. Take your time. Also make sure you're eating enough in the day before you train.

Thanks Blake. Tried it today and it worked. I was able to get it off my neck a bit and take a couple breaths.

Thanks again.