PDA

View Full Version : Behind the neck snatch grip press

Peter Möller
05-01-2014, 04:40 AM
I get a "wierd" (maybe not pain but kind of tender stretch) feeling doing behind the nech snatch grip press. It´s only at the top when I lockout, and as I said, it´s a wierd tender feeling in the armpit area, kind of like stretching an irritated muscle. If that makes any sense. I could suspect that it´s one of the rotator cuff muscles. But I have no idea why I get it or what I do about it.
I never get it doing presses with a normal grip.
Anyone know?
Thanks

benjamin abee
07-20-2014, 06:03 PM
Sounds like it could be a mobility issue. I have worked on getting the most mobility out of my shoulders by using a metal rod or you could use a broom handle/dowel rod to work on pass throughs.

I start with a wide grip in with the bar at my waist and, with arms fully extended all the way thru--move the bar over my head and all the way around to my back and thru again. I do this at work on my breaks and it works well. Move your hands in closer and closer for an even better stretch.

Plus during my training sesh, I will do a 15-20 min warm up with the bar going through all the movements; snatch, press, clean, squat, oh squat and snatch grip press.

Hope that helps.

Peter Möller
07-21-2014, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the reply.
The problem dissapered a while ago. My guess is, like you said. Some mobility restriction but also, my rotator cuffs were a bit irritated..