PDA

View Full Version : Deload Week on the Double Day Program

Ronald McGinnis
05-21-2014, 10:37 AM
Hello,

I am at the end of the first deload week under the double day squat and heavy lifts program. The deload weeks on any program have always had an interesting effect on me. Deload on this program however has left me wrecked. I can barely make it through the workouts (even though it is half the volume I have been completing)without wanting to crawl into bed and sleep. Plus, the rest of the day I am a zombie. Should I expect this kind of response to a change in volume. Also, will it be another shock when we start back up with the full volume next week? I have asked several other coaches about this and all of them say deload shouldnt have this effect on me. Is there a good reference that discusses the deload?

FYI, appetite is still up, body weight isn't any different, sleep is the same, and I am hitting all my numbers, so I it isn't illness or some other health related issue that is making me feel so bad.

Thanks,
Ronny

Blake Barnes
05-21-2014, 02:42 PM
You should pretty much be feeling like that during a deload week. This article by Mike Gray is a pretty good representation of deload weeks - http://www.catalystathletics.com/articles/article.php?articleID=1775