PDA

View Full Version : How to do multiple reps?

Erik Rosum
07-15-2014, 12:15 PM
Hi all,

I was curious how everyone does multiple reps. Do you drop the weight in between reps or rack the weight back to your shoulders and lower from there? I am doing the latter and not letting go of the bar during the entire set.

Thanks for your help,
Erik

Javier Sanjuan
07-15-2014, 01:09 PM
Erik,

There is value in returning the weight back down to your shoulders (or to your hips to restart a lift, etc.). It helps in strengthening the body. However, should you have any injuries or if the weight becomes too heavy, then you have to apply common sense and drop the weight. So, keep doing what you're doing as long as it's safe.

Hope that helps,
Javi

Keith Miller
07-16-2014, 02:50 PM
I drop each rep, then reset off the floor. Personally, I think it's very difficult to get into a consistent starting position if you're keeping your hands on the bar and/or doing touch and go reps. This leads to inconsistency on the lifts themselves. I just try and keep the time between reps very short, like 5-10 secs, no more, to call it a double or triple. Just my opinion, though. :D

Blake Barnes
07-22-2014, 11:06 AM
I agree with Javier. If you can lower it safely then that's fine. If you get to a weight where you can't lower it without being a little sketchy then you should probably start to drop it in between reps.