PDA

View Full Version : Oly shoes and knee strain

Erik Rosum
07-25-2014, 10:59 AM
Hi all,

I have been wearing my new adipowers for about a week now. They are great shoes. My first oly shoe of any type. It is amazing how much of a difference they make. I was curious if others went through a kind of break in period with their knees after using oly shoes. I was very flexible and squated deep without the shoes but of course now go even deeper. I have some aching, not pain, in my knees after squating with the shoes and wonder if that is normal and something that will just go away. My guess is it is like performing a new exercise and you feel that new stetch or soreness in the days after. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Erik

Blake Barnes
07-25-2014, 11:16 AM
It may be just that your body is just adjusting to your heels being higher up and to the new range of motion.

I use to have pretty bad knee pain. It was when I was wearing the Adipowers but it didn't start when I started wearing them. I started taking a Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM supplement along with some fish oils and the pain started going away. It's not going to go away completely but it will definitely help.

Javier Sanjuan
07-28-2014, 10:44 AM
Erik,

I agree with Blake. The value of supplementing with that trio is tremendous. You can also start to apply direct compression in the form of knee sleeves. You should also look at massaging the quad, especially where it ties into the knee. The extended range of motion is new (like Blake mentioned), so your muscle and tissues might not be adjusted quite yet; massaging them before and definitely after training will help you.

Hope this helps,
Javi