PDA

View Full Version : Eat more soy!

Jesse Woody
03-30-2007, 11:31 AM
...just kidding. Good article from T-nation today:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1512419

as if I needed any more reason to regret my previous vegan/vegetarian lifestyle :rolleyes:

Nicki Violetti
03-30-2007, 12:33 PM
Soy lattes, tofutti cuties, soy ice cream, soy milk with cereal...I was sooooo healthy when I was vegan:)

Robert Allison
03-30-2007, 02:31 PM
Soy lattes, tofutti cuties, soy ice cream, soy milk with cereal...I was sooooo healthy when I was vegan:)

I hear you. My ex-wife was a vegetarian, but not a strict vegan. Still, she ate quite a bit of soy and the products were always around the house. Most soy products are so awful it was a relief to find out that they are actually not good for you.

In the case of my ex, her motivation for being veg was more philosophical than health. I had actually convinced her to add meat back to her diet for a while, and she admitted to feeling better for having done so. But she eventually went back to vegetarianism...

Nicki Violetti
03-31-2007, 08:02 AM
I was convinced that being vegan/vegetarian was the path to ultimate health...then I met a guy...named Robb Wolf. Those early arguments re food and health were so much fun:) But really, who was I kidding, you can't win a nutrition argument with that guy!

Robb Wolf
03-31-2007, 08:10 AM
I was convinced that being vegan/vegetarian was the path to ultimate health...then I met a guy...named Robb Wolf. Those early arguments re food and health were so much fun:) But really, who was I kidding, you can't win a nutrition argument with that guy!

Ha! You had ways of shutting me up!:)

Greg Everett
03-31-2007, 10:21 AM
Ha! You had ways of shutting me up!:)

Gross. Keep it in the bedroom, you two.

Joe Hart
04-01-2007, 05:37 AM
Now I will say it. I thought that picture on Coach Rut's site looked peculiar with those two.:D

Robb Wolf
04-01-2007, 08:32 AM
Now I will say it. I thought that picture on Coach Rut's site looked peculiar with those two.:D

Yea...we never look quite right!