PDA

View Full Version : Paleo Books?

Cassi_Nesmith
03-31-2007, 05:41 PM
I just read The Paleo Diet. I followed it for a week and feel fantastic, but I've lurked in this forum and seen foods that are forbidden by this book - cream, for one, nut flour for another. Are there more books that have differing opinions? Can someone recommend them? It's easier for me to read books than articles off the internet (I suppose I could go to the library and print them out though, couldn't I?)

Chris Forbis
03-31-2007, 06:21 PM
The Protein Power Lifeplan

Lights Out: Sleep, Sugar, and Survival

And most things off of this site:
http://www.westonaprice.org/splash_2.htm

Mike ODonnell
03-31-2007, 06:57 PM
Body Ecology Diet is good too for info on gut health

Robert Allison
03-31-2007, 09:01 PM
Hi Cassi,

Are you specifically looking for books that offer a different interpretation of the paleo diet or just any books with different perspectives that forum members might have found useful?

Just curious...

In any case, you might also check out Neanderthin and Dr. Mercola's books.

Cassi_Nesmith
03-31-2007, 09:07 PM
Looking for books with different interpretations of the paleo diet.

Thanks, everybody.

Robb Wolf
04-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Cassi-
Protein Power Lifeplan is likely your best bet. It lays out a strict paleo diet and then offers less stringent approaches and the potential trade-offs of these looser approaches.

Lights Out: Sleep, Sugar and Survival is also excellent.

With regards to some of the foods you mentioned I'd just see how you feel with and without them and go by that. With regards to the nut flour it is just a concentrated calorie source...not necessarily a bad thing but it can be easy to overdo it.

keep us posted on how you are doing!

Cassi_Nesmith
04-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Thanks everybody.... for the record, I lost ten pounds in the first seven days. It must be all the popcorn I'm not eating.

Robb Wolf
04-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Right on Cassi!
Keep us posted.