PDA

View Full Version : Second tattoo

Steve Liberati
04-01-2007, 06:48 PM
This was the first tattoo I got while in high school a few years back. Now for whatever reason I have an itch to get another one (guess there is some truth to my dad's statement that no one ever gets just one tattoo:rolleyes:).
So I had a few ideas I've been tossing around with lately but nothing really worth getting excited about. I've been thinking about getting another animal on my back (maybe a coyote) or possibly some tribal art on the inside of my bicep (partially inspired by Greg's tattoo as depicted in a recent PM journal). Love the symbolism of animals, not to mention my belief in animism.

Anyway, what tattoo(s) do you have?

If you have a picture of it, I'd love to see it.

PS Greg, by the way what is the tattoo on your arm?

Steve Shafley
04-01-2007, 07:03 PM
I've got a crappy armband that's I'd really like to have reinked into some kind of design covering my entire upper arm on that side.

No need to even show you.

I get the itch to get inked about every 6 months, and have staved it off successfully for about 10 years now.

Steve Liberati
04-01-2007, 07:17 PM
I get the itch to get inked about every 6 months, and have staved it off successfully for about 10 years now.

Ha!...yeah I'm having a lit' harder time silencing these evil voices in my head telling me to get another tattoo. My wife would sure be happy though if I had your self-control:p

What can I say I'm strong in some areas but weak in others...hehe

Mike ODonnell
04-01-2007, 08:12 PM
What??? No Pukie?? Hand in your white robe and cup. :D

Steve Liberati
04-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Sounds like someone is salty for not being the first to successfully market functional training to the masses?

I'm not mentioning any names either:D

Derek Simonds
04-02-2007, 05:47 AM
I have two animals. On my right arm above the bicep I have a stylized snake swallowing its own tail. It encircles my arm and I got it when my wife and I got engaged. A snake swallowing its own tail is symbolism for infinity, that being how long I plan on loving her. I plan on getting it redone and adding in our kids names and birthdays.

On the back of my right calf I have a Mako shark. At the time I got the Mako I was younger and much more aggressive. The Mako was a fit at the time.

I will try to find a camera here at work and upload some pictures.

BTW Nice Double Back Pose! They should have included your picture in the righteous pipes article. :D

Mike ODonnell
04-02-2007, 06:11 AM
I'd go with one of these
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/elephunkadelic/nonsense/family_guy_no_fat_chicks_t-shirt_li.jpg
http://www.acton.org/images/ppolicy/anc/evil_monkey.jpg
http://www.tvsquad.com/media/2006/01/familyGuy__Brian_tini_72.jpg
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/7/75/250px-Tv_family_guy_peter_hulk_green.jpg

Greg Everett
04-02-2007, 09:00 AM
If I hadn't run out of money during my misguided youth, I'd be covered. I've managed to maintain at 7 for the last few years, but the itch is always there.

The one on the inside of my left arm is a head... what you probably saw was the hair, flowing ever so dramatically down my arm. That is actually my favorite tattoo.

Steve - my humble advice regarding tattoos is to resist the urge until you have a tattoo you're sure about. I've seen way too many lame tattoos.

Free 1-year subscription to the first person to correctly guess where tattoo #7 is... (and if you know because I've told you, you're not eligible) 1-6 are back, r shoulder, l arm, l inner arm, r inner arm, r calf.

Scott Kustes
04-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Is it flames down the sides of your penis?

Ron Nelson
04-02-2007, 10:53 AM
My guess: Lower back, above the buttocks and says, "Exit Only."

Mike ODonnell
04-02-2007, 11:19 AM
PM menu on your forehead.....

Steve Liberati
04-02-2007, 11:50 AM
Derek,
Really like to see the snake tattoo on your bicep. I'm digging the significance behind it, although that would be right below getting a girl's name tattooed on your arm...which I have promised myself I would never do:) Get a chance tho, throw it up.

And mind you the double back shot was from a while ago before I discovered PM Menu and CrossFit. Besides, I figured an updated picture of me doing a handstand pushup would not work very well for purposes of showing off the tattoo:p

I have two animals. On my right arm above the bicep I have a stylized snake swallowing its own tail. It encircles my arm and I got it when my wife and I got engaged. A snake swallowing its own tail is symbolism for infinity, that being how long I plan on loving her. I plan on getting it redone and adding in our kids names and birthdays.

On the back of my right calf I have a Mako shark. At the time I got the Mako I was younger and much more aggressive. The Mako was a fit at the time.

I will try to find a camera here at work and upload some pictures.

BTW Nice Double Back Pose! They should have included your picture in the righteous pipes article. :D

Steve Liberati
04-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Mike,
Don't watch cartoons but the last pic you posted is great. I do eat a lot of greens too so its even better! lol

You got me thinking now....

Mike ODonnell
04-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Don't watch cartoons

I don't watch cartoons either....but Family Guy is a MUST....go buy/rent seasons 1-4 on DVD now....trust me...you will not regret it....

Joe Hart
04-02-2007, 07:49 PM
On the back of the nut hut and it says "other side". On back of your skull and it is another pair of eyes. I could go on for days. Yes, I would like to add a third tattoo, but I have bumpers and a d-ball that I want to buy first. Then there is major wheedle'n and groveling to clear it through the wife. I would get it on the side of my upper leg.

Sam Lepore
04-03-2007, 05:51 AM
This is a good one.

http://www.lalatimes.com/upload_files/Image/tattoo150w.jpg

Ron Nelson
04-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Of course you all know you pale when compared to Dan Silver.
He's the single reason for the ink shortage in San Francisco.
www.theartofdansilver.com

James Bailey
10-20-2010, 05:46 AM
If I hadn't run out of money during my misguided youth, I'd be covered. I've managed to maintain at 7 for the last few years, but the itch is always there.

The one on the inside of my left arm is a head... what you probably saw was the hair, flowing ever so dramatically down my arm. That is actually my favorite tattoo.

Steve - my humble advice regarding tattoos is to resist the urge until you have a tattoo you're sure about. I've seen way too many lame tattoos.

Free 1-year subscription to the first person to correctly guess where tattoo #7 is... (and if you know because I've told you, you're not eligible) 1-6 are back, r shoulder, l arm, l inner arm, r inner arm, r calf.

This is just a question related to this thread, I searched and this was the only reference to it. I am wondering what the tattoo on your calf means or where it comes from? I've seen the image in a few different places but have not found an origin yet.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Jarod Barker
10-20-2010, 09:19 PM

Side of your ribs?