PDA

View Full Version : Rehab Sprained Ankle

Chris Lowndes
04-10-2007, 06:57 AM
Tweaked my ankle at the weekend, playing football. No cracking just a sprain. Very little if any swelling. Now walking barefoot or slim heeled trainers/ dunlop greenflash.

Any tips on getting it better, my other ankle has been weak for years following a bad sprain and quite poor proprioception in it.

Wobble board or rocker board [rocker 2 planes of movement] or the variety of movement offered by a wobble [360 deg semi sphere under board]

any advice gratefully received, and sort out both ankles once and for all!

regards

chris

Mike ODonnell
04-10-2007, 07:03 AM
check out the recovery techniques here for ankle sprains
http://www.jumpstretch.com

lots of traction with mobility work and heat application....interesting stuff....

Bill Ripley
04-10-2007, 07:44 AM
$60 for an e-book??!!

Mike ODonnell
04-10-2007, 08:04 AM
you can see some free videos below in the ankle recovery series testimonials....that should give a good enough idea of what is going on...I never bought the ebook and didn't even know what it costs until you mentioned it....funny....

Bill Ripley
04-10-2007, 08:19 AM
I have a VHS that I got for $10 when I bought my first band from them. I has all kinds of ankle traction stuff in it, very good stuff. Just can't imagine a $60 book dedicated to ankle traction with bands.

Rick Deckart
04-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Owen Anderson designed a nice circuit based on wobble boards. If your interested drop me a line and I send you a copy of the article. It is more suited for long distance runners but there should be some good tranfer for rehab work too if you scale one or two or the excerises to your current level.

Rick Deckart
04-11-2007, 06:51 AM
You have mail, Chris.