PDA

View Full Version : Somebody just stole CrossFit Mobile!!!

Pierre Auge
04-13-2007, 07:42 PM
My $3000 fucking haul mark trailer with ALL of my personal belongings in it was just stolen!!! From outside the gym....

I just lost everything I had...................

WTF

Robert Allison
04-13-2007, 07:52 PM
Wow... sorry man, that obviously sucks.

When you say everything, do you mean "everything" or all of your training stuff? Either way, it's a raw deal :(

Update: read a little closer... it was everything. Definitely a raw deal.

R. Alan Hester
04-13-2007, 07:52 PM
Dude, that sucks. I am sorry.

Pierre Auge
04-13-2007, 08:00 PM
No - I mean everything but my training stuff - I was in the middle of using that in the gym. When it happend...

Oh and my laptop - I've still got that...

Steve Shafley
04-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Holy Crap, Pierre! That seriously blows!

I hope it gets found and quick. Didn't you say you were in Hamiton or London or something like that.

What a pile of crap to have dumped on you.

Pierre Auge
04-13-2007, 08:14 PM
No I'm in Ottawa.

Yeah what's worse is that because I'm in the middle of moving I have no home owners insurance, therefore my contents are not covered.... AND whether my auto insurance covers my trailer is currently up in the air!

Let's just say I'm not pleased

Robert Allison
04-13-2007, 08:14 PM
A couple of years ago, a U-Haul that my company had rented to take some things to a trade show was stolen out of a hotel parking lot in Atlanta.

The cops were able to track it down relatively quickly... I hope the police are equally proficient (or lucky) in Ottawa.

Pierre Auge
04-13-2007, 08:47 PM
That would suck too, geeze... some people are just messed up...

Mike ODonnell
04-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Damn. I hope that the police are able to get it back soon...something tells me it would be hard to hide a trailer.

Andew Cattermole
04-13-2007, 09:16 PM
:eek:
Yep that sucks deep,People will take what not nailed down.
Sour Luck Bro.

Pierre Auge
04-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Some people will take shit that is nailed down and welded if they can!!!

I need a beer...

Rick Deckart
04-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Pierre that is bad! You have my sympathy. That seriously sucks...

Allen Yeh
04-14-2007, 04:19 AM
Any word from the police? A couple of years ago my moms car was stolen from a train station but it was found a few days later just cigarette butts and 40's littered all over. I hope they recover your trailer in similiar condition. People sometimes jsut sadden me. sigh...

Mike ODonnell
04-14-2007, 06:45 AM
10 years ago when I lived in an apt complex my neighbor came out and watched her car drive off.....7 years later some impound in AL wanted to know when she was coming to pick up her car and pay the $2000 in storage fees.....I think the car was worth less.....

Hopefully all those things can be replaced Pierre....or better yet found by the police soon...

Ronnie Ashlock
04-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Pierre,

Sorry to hear about the larceny. That blows on just about every level. Hope you can get some kind of satisfactory resolution on this. It's hard to describe the rage something like this induces until it happens to you. When somebody broke into my car 10 years ago on Christmas Eve for a lousy Christmas present I was going to take to Goodwill for my boss the next day, the venom and anger that began to percolate inside me after I saw the damage done to my car was unreal. It was nowhere near what you've sustained, but I was ready to hurt somebody in a way that would make physical and pyschological therapy moot.

Hang in there, mon frère.

Allison Barns
04-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Wow, Pierre.... that sucks!!

Here's hoping they find your trailer.... and the jerk whole stole it.

Chuck Kechter
04-14-2007, 12:09 PM
That sucks! I hope they find your trailer (and all your stuff).... and put the jerk that stole it in a deep, dark hole.

Bobby Spencer
04-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Pierre,
I know from personal experience that such a loss can be downright depressing and almost debilitating. My advice: don't let this discourage you from your goals in life and training.

Frank Needham
04-15-2007, 07:31 AM
I feel you Pierre. The church I attend just had two mobile units ripped off, right in the parking lot out front and they were used for ministry duties to the folks here in Vegas! Some creeps will rip anything, even the copper out of your crib, or even light poles.....they just pull up to them, break them off and haul them away. If you want your next rock, you'll find a way to get it.

Robb Wolf
04-15-2007, 09:03 AM
How bummed are those guys going to be when they discover they lifted a bunch of gym equipment! Sorry Amigo! That is of the suck.

Greg Everett
04-15-2007, 09:35 AM
I'll fight 'em.

Ron Nelson
04-15-2007, 09:44 AM
That is of the highest order of suck.
Having anything stolen is a severe violation of personal space and leaves you feeling helpless.
I hope something good comes of this, soon.

Pierre Auge
04-15-2007, 12:24 PM
Actually they would have scored with the gym equipment because they could hock it easily!

BUT they got all my furniture and effects which isn't hocked so easy!

The trailer is registered. If anyone uses it for any duration they will get caught. If it gets sold and someone tries to register it they will get caught...

Either way nobody wins in this scenerio!

-Ross Hunt
04-15-2007, 05:07 PM
That's awful!

I really hope you get your stuff back and catch the thieves, whoever they are.

Derek Simonds
04-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Man that sucks! Our hearts go out to you.

When I was moving the family back down to FL we still had our place in MI and someone broke in while we were in FL and cleaned us out. Luckily we had most of the smaller valuables and our computers in FL. Unfortunately the freaking thieves took everything else that wasn't nailed down. TV's. home theater all kinds of stuff. I was working and had to make client calls in MI so I decided to pop over and stay at the house and make sure everything was cool. I opened the door which was unlocked and new right away we had been robbed. Man was I pi$$ed off.

Here is something I highly recommend if it you can afford it, you get another trailer and it is available in Canada.

http://www.amazon.com/DeWalt-MobileLock-Locator-Anti-Theft-DS500/dp/B000IZG9VG

This thing is major bad. I have a couple of buddies who have it on their job trailers.

Best of luck.

Allen Yeh
04-16-2007, 01:55 AM
The police have any word yet? I know it's idealistic to think it'd they'd find them so quickly but here's to being an idealist right?

Pierre Auge
04-16-2007, 03:03 AM
Nope nothing yet... Ottawa is a city of >1,000,000 plus there is lots of surrounding farm land chances are its long gone... Or parked in a farmers field.

Who knows, I'm not betting on getting it back.

Scott Kustes
04-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Damn! I hate people....very sorry to hear this Pierre. What goes around, comes around and I hope these bastages get what's coming to them.

Steve Liberati
04-16-2007, 12:54 PM
What's wrong with some people these days?

If I ever strike it rich, I'm buying my own island far away from civilization.

Yael Grauer
04-16-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. At least it was just equipment and nobody got hurt. (Small consolation, eh?)

Mike ODonnell
04-16-2007, 01:08 PM
I stopped trying to understand people long ago....now just accept the fact that many people are confused and messed up in the head....karma is a universal rule....I've seen what goes around does come around....and they get theirs eventually...I've just learned to detach from most of my possessions, as they do not define who I am as a person...if they get lost or stolen, it sucks...and I move on....anything can be replaced....

Ron Nelson
04-16-2007, 02:29 PM
I stopped trying to understand people long ago....now just accept the fact that many people are confused and messed up in the head....karma is a universal rule....I've seen what goes around does come around....and they get theirs eventually...I've just learned to detach from most of my possessions, as they do not define who I am as a person...if they get lost or stolen, it sucks...and I move on....anything can be replaced....

The Tao of O'Donnell.

Seriously, I started taking this approach right after I had kids. Or, at least after my wife had kids. I just contributed DNA.

I've written about karma and the yin/yang principles before.
http://www.theartofdansilver.com/ronseesit.html

By the way, Walshy reads my crap on Dan's site. It's where he got the flattering picture of us.

Pierre Auge
04-17-2007, 03:43 AM
Like I said though, its just stuff...

James Evans
04-19-2007, 09:13 AM
Jeez Pierre, I just read this. That's really shitty. All sympathy.

Any news?