PDA

View Full Version : IF and Sleep patterns

daniel doiron
04-19-2007, 07:10 AM
Anyone had any trouble FALLING asleep during IF?
In the past 3 days, I have increased my IF time to 15hrs and have had trouble falling asleep

BUT

Sleep QUALITY is good ! I am feeling rested and well during the day and at waking.

Strange ??

Ron Nelson
04-19-2007, 08:38 AM
We talked a bit about this on one of the other threads. I wasn't sleeping well at the start of my IF experiment but find that I'm sleeping well now, eight days in.

I'm no doctor, nor do I even know enough about the body to be a layman, but I'd say when you throw a major upheaval at the body like an IF, it takes a little while to adjust. Eight days in and this seems like a breeze; the first days sucked ass.

and my wife thinks this is completely rational, which scares me slightly.

daniel doiron
04-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Makes sense.
Glade to see others have gone through the same thing.
After reading many posts, most people say they were sleeping great...I was starting to question my reason for strange sleep patterns.

Thanks,
Dan

Neal Winkler
04-19-2007, 09:46 AM
I don't really notice anything.

Jane Michel
05-18-2007, 10:53 PM
daniel, how have your sleep problems been going?
after increasing my almost-daily 8h fasts to 3-4x a week 24h fasts, i've been having problems falling sleep as well. was wondering how long the body might take to settle down...

Garrett Smith
05-19-2007, 06:25 AM
If you are eating a whole bunch right up until you go to bed (or almost until you go to bed), that could be your problem. Due to my schedule, that's exactly why I do the 24-hour IF instead of the 19-hour version--I found I had to eat way too much way too close to bedtime. That and I do like eating in the morning sometimes...

Jane Michel
05-20-2007, 05:42 PM
hmm that may be it garrett. mealtimes have been at around 7-8pm and sleeping at around 10-11pm. i'll eat earlier and see what happens!

Steve Liberati
05-20-2007, 05:53 PM
ZMA really seems to make all the difference in the world for a good night sleep. Skipped a few night of pills last week and I was staring at the ceiling counting sheep. Not much fun.

Jane Michel
05-20-2007, 10:41 PM
steve, yeah!! after reading some posts on ZMA here and at the CF boards 2 weeks ago, i started taking it myself and it puts me into lovely deep sleep. there's just that little problem of being able to fall asleep first heh.

Steve Liberati
05-21-2007, 04:02 AM
Alicia, you can always read a book before bed. That should help to relax you.