PDA

View Full Version : Some good articles from Glenn Pendlay...

Rick Deckart
04-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Today I stumbled over some articles from Glenn Pendlay

http://glennpendlay.wordpress.com/

After reading the Getting out of the hole parts I think I won't press my squat work but rather work on correct speed and rhythm. I am using a high bar squat anyway. After all it's not a respectable squat in itself which I am interested in (I am) but more the application of usable squat strength for the Oly lifts.

BTW is that you Pierre in some of the comments?

John Alston
04-19-2007, 11:51 AM
This has a couple good reads indeed.
Funny, I just started a program to build up my squt for my olifts... though I am not going to change b/c of the article simply b/c I know in my case my pull is still a bit stronger than my squat, and I won't be neglecting the technical either.

Rick Deckart
04-19-2007, 11:58 AM
Well I thought about upping the 100% weights my cycle is based on because I think that I could handle that, but after that articles I guess I am probably better off to stick to the current weights and work on speed and rhythm. This will still give me plenty of headroom compared to where I am now...

John Alston
04-19-2007, 02:02 PM
I think part of it all is cycling the training focus. Recently almost all my training had been the lifts, and mostly full versions all the time, with very little assistance work.
This will be the first time where there will be more days I don't do a full lift than days I do. We'll see what happens. Either way, it feels good so far.

glennpendlay
03-11-2011, 12:05 AM
4 years later, I am putting some new stuff up...

glennpendlay
10-12-2011, 12:58 AM
Lots of new stuff, actually.