PDA

View Full Version : New DJ article

Dave Van Skike
04-19-2007, 10:43 AM
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1537190

Dan's take on something a lot of us probably think about:

-the value and challenge of sifting through lots contradictory expert opinions and then sythesizing and applying what was learned.

Lot of what seems to go on here. Case in point: last check there were at least five people here giving IF (as goofy as it sounds) a shot, just to see what happens.

Ron Nelson
04-19-2007, 12:26 PM
SHUTUP. You know nothing. We are not "goofy" for trying IF.

Sorry, I get a little cranky in the middle of the day in a fasted state.

I enjoyed this article, as I do all DJ articles. I e-mailed Dan with my comments as T-Nation now requires a separate thread after each article.

Mike ODonnell
04-19-2007, 12:48 PM
good article as I totally agree...way too many books...way too much information...so little implementation by the general public.....people need to stop reading diet books and start reading books on how to take action and accomplish daily goals....they would get more done in life....

Oh wait...a new website with a secret ebook to ultimate fat loss and strength just came out...must be new up to the date information never discovered....and he's a self proclaimed fitness expert....where's my credit card.....

Dave Van Skike
04-19-2007, 01:57 PM
SHUTUP. You know nothing. We are not "goofy" for trying IF.

Sorry, I get a little cranky in the middle of the day in a fasted state.

I enjoyed this article, as I do all DJ articles. I e-mailed Dan with my comments as T-Nation now requires a separate thread after each article.

I can't speak for you...nevermind I'll speak for you. IF just seem goofy. I'm doing it, I know why I'm doing it but when I try to explain it I can't. Plus, I'm so f'ing hungry right now.

Dave Van Skike
04-19-2007, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=Mike ODonnell;9553]good article as I totally agree...way too many books...way too much information...so little implementation by the general public.....people need to stop reading diet books and start reading books on how to take action and accomplish daily goals....they would get more done in life....
QUOTE]

I tried that recently. I got so fed up with with the bootstrapping metaphors I got off my ass and am workign on a self help book......

here it is.....

Chapter 1. Self Help books are crap.
Chapter 2. See chapter 1.
Chapter 3. WTF didn't you read chapter 1?
Chapter 4. Suck it up.
Chapter 5. Deal with it.

Billy_Brummel
04-19-2007, 02:32 PM
[/QUOTE]I tried that recently. I got so fed up with with the bootstrapping metaphors I got off my ass and am workign on a self help book......

here it is.....

Chapter 1. Self Help books are crap.
Chapter 2. See chapter 1.
Chapter 3. WTF didn't you read chapter 1?
Chapter 4. Suck it up.
Chapter 5. Deal with it.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm....Dave, this sounds interesting. Are you available for a private consultation so we can discuss this more? Your main points are a little fuzzy and I'd like to clear some things up.

Mike ODonnell
04-19-2007, 02:34 PM
I am writing my new self help diet book called "Yes it is your fault you are fat".....my chapters are:

Chpt 1: Accept it
Chpt 2: Get off your ass and do something about it
Chpt 3: Repeat Chpt 2

I expect rave reviews.....although my guess is most never get past Chpt 1....or maybe I should called it a "secret" or something and use marketing hype to hit them over the head with something that has been stated a million times before....wait...I think someone already did that....

Next book for kids...."Why Mommy and Daddy are killing you with sugar"...an animated series....

Dave Van Skike
04-19-2007, 02:54 PM
I am writing my new self help diet book called "Yes it is your fault you are fat".....my chapters are:

I expect rave reviews.....although my guess is most never get past Chpt 1....or maybe I should called it a "secret" or something and use marketing hype to hit them over the head with something that has been stated a million times before....wait...I think someone already did that....

Next book for kids...."Why Mommy and Daddy are killing you with sugar"...an animated series....

You may be infringing on Matt Furey's intellectual property there. Be Vewy vewy Careful.

Billy_Brummel
04-19-2007, 02:54 PM

....warm fuzzies all over

Mike ODonnell
04-19-2007, 02:57 PM
You may be infringing on Matt Furey's intellectual property there. Be Vewy vewy Careful.

I saw how he dealt with those kids from Canada.....

Dave Van Skike
04-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Axly... I did read one self help book that I though was pretty good. "how to get control of your time ang your life". by Alan Aliken.

At one point, he advocates that if you find yourself wastign time adn procrastinating (ne PM forum) you should start saying at the top of yor voice..."I'm wasting my time..I'm wasting my time..I'M WASTING MY TIME....

louder and louder.

I found it useless. However.....

If you are..say.... trying not to drink so much beer, you can have your wife yell,

"Don't drink so much beer you fucking fatass..Don't drink so much beer you fucking fatass...Don't drink so much beer you fucking fatass".....

every time you go to the fridge.

This works wonders. This method succesfully limited me to a six pack a night when nothing else would work.

Ron Nelson
04-19-2007, 04:18 PM
I can't speak for you...nevermind I'll speak for you. IF just seem goofy. I'm doing it, I know why I'm doing it but when I try to explain it I can't. Plus, I'm so f'ing hungry right now.

Like I said, all this f'ing IF'ing can make you cranky.
Or crazy. I've said this before, this is the only dietary plan I've tried and she hasn't labled it "insane." Go figure.

In regards to the article. I firmly agree with Dan and the position from Go Animal that lifting keeps you young. Something about the iron that keeps us from aging.

Ron Nelson
04-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Axly... I did read one self help book that I though was pretty good. "how to get control of your time ang your life". by Alan Aliken.

At one point, he advocates that if you find yourself wastign time adn procrastinating (ne PM forum) you should start saying at the top of yor voice..."I'm wasting my time..I'm wasting my time..I'M WASTING MY TIME....

louder and louder.

I found it useless. However.....

If you are..say.... trying not to drink so much beer, you can have your wife yell,

"Don't drink so much beer you fucking fatass..Don't drink so much beer you fucking fatass...Don't drink so much beer you fucking fatass".....

every time you go to the fridge.

This works wonders. This method succesfully limited me to a six pack a night when nothing else would work.

When my wife does that, I call her "The Countess." As in, that's 5 beers, that's 6 beers, that's 12 beers. Sheesh. As if I need a scorecard.

Got to go, Matt Furey's at my door. He must think I'm Canadian.

James Evans
04-20-2007, 07:42 AM
I just skimmed through Dan's article.

Some stuff I'll revisit later.

James Evans
04-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Actually, joking aside, I really agree with Dan's view on neurons.

Just glaze over when confronted with the science of Trainingology.