PDA

View Full Version : Alarming proposed FDA regulations

Nick Cummings
04-24-2007, 01:49 PM
http://www.newstarget.com/021789.html

Mike ODonnell
04-24-2007, 08:08 PM
Hasnt the FDA been trying to get supplements all classified as drugs for a long while now? I mean...things like the ephedra witch hunt and all that negative alarming press was supposed to fuel their case?

FDA----->supplements now a drug----->Pharma companies now have exclusive rights to producing---->tremendous kickbacks to FDA and all legislators involved----->next stop, orange has Vit C so now all produce is a drug----->pharma companies have sole right to all food in the universe---->CVS is the only place you can shop and need a perscription....sounds like a blast....

Garrett Smith
04-25-2007, 05:58 AM
In order to get the revolution started, the people have to be sufficiently pissed off.

I think grandma not being able to get vitamins for her macular degeneration, not to mention taking fish oil away from athletes, should be a step in that direction.

Start looking into buying land for your grassfed cows and your herb garden now...

Wyeth is also trying to get all compounding pharmacies shut down...

Pierre Auge
04-25-2007, 09:33 AM
Sounds like a good reason to keep living in Canada...

Garrett Smith
04-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Maybe we'll get some people together to start an "underground" supplement company in Canada or Mexico...

Pssst...where can I get some fish oil, man????

Pierre Auge
04-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Maybe we'll get some people together to start an "underground" supplement company in Canada or Mexico...

Pssst...where can I get some fish oil, man????

Ummm, costco!

Brad Hirakawa
05-09-2007, 07:08 AM
The FDA is so under man-powered, they may not be able to enforce the regs if they do pass.

This has come up before in the FDA and not passed.. I suspect it won't become a reg this time either.

Brad

Garrett Smith
05-09-2007, 02:07 PM
C'mon Brad,
It would be a "selective" witch-hunting tool, only enforced when necessary. That's the way I see it.

As a licensed practitioner of "alternative" modalities, this doesn't worry me too much. However, if all my suppliers go out of business or are shut down, then I've got a problem.

Except for the fact that I actually know how to use food as medicine--and people would finally be "forced" to understand this...

Brad Hirakawa
05-09-2007, 02:58 PM
I see your points Doc. G. Selective hunting to knock off the competition would make good business sense. Ugh, what nasty business we monkeys do sometimes. I'm still betting (hoping might be a better word) it won't happen. I mean what's next, the government takes away a man's right to defend himself? (pardon the jab at California)

Mike... we already have sole right to all the food in the universe. Hippocrates gave it to us a few thousand years ago in his famous food=medicine quote, that was an obvious display of prescience the likes of which had never been seen before. We’re drafting the patent application right now, as I suspect his has expired. :)

Brad

Mike ODonnell
05-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Mike... we already have sole right to all the food in the universe. Hippocrates gave it to us a few thousand years ago in his famous food=medicine quote, that was an obvious display of prescience the likes of which had never been seen before. We’re drafting the patent application right now, as I suspect his has expired.

You didn't see the news that the FDA has ordered the censoring of all things Hippocrates (aka the father of medicine) says in every book since he illegally claims the any disease can be treated with a substance (aka food) that is not a classified as a controlled drug?....I heard they are mounting a raid on the Greek temples as we speak.....something about illegal gyros.....

Brad Hirakawa
05-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Gyros.... carnivore's crack.

I love those things.

Brad