PDA

View Full Version : Weight Regulator

Elliot Royce
04-29-2007, 05:32 PM
I'm trying to gain more weight but find that it's tough. Do you think there is a natural weight for each individual and that the further above that you try to go, the harder it gets? I don't have much trouble going from 220lb to 230lb but from 230lb to 240lb is tough.

Garrett Smith
04-30-2007, 05:58 AM
I believe that each of us has a "natural" weight. It's such a PIA for me to gain over #180 (without getting fat) that I just don't bother anymore.

Derek Simonds
04-30-2007, 07:37 AM
I am at 190 and have weighed as high as 205 but at a much higher body fat percentage.

I have worked very hard to get to 190. I can't say it has been a PIA but it hasn't been easy.

I imagine that there is a freaky factor genetically that modulates size.

Robb Wolf
04-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Yep. It interesting that intermittent fasting has pushed my "easy" body weight up about 5 lbs. I think Scotty H. has reported this also but it is a bear for me to gain much weight. Part of my problem is I will buckle down for several months, gain 8-10 lbs then get busy and shed the weight in like 2 weeks.

Elliot Royce
04-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Every time I consider doing IF I get stuck on the need to consume the same amount of calories in less time. Right now, I already feel gorged trying to eat 3500-4000 healthy calories. For instance, I can eat about 20 almonds and then just don't want any more. I can manage one grass fed hamburger and that's it for an hour or two. If I can't manage to eat 4000 calories in 18 hours, how can I do it in 8?

Mike ODonnell
04-30-2007, 03:08 PM
IF is definitely a funny thing...but remember in "principle" if you fast (really fast) for 15+ hours then you will in a sense turn on your primal survival instincts that will let you spare muscle, burn fat and probably require LESS calories in a small amount of time to maintain weight....since now you are reversing insulin resistance and creating an increased sensitivity to protein and carbs which leads to more utilization with less. Nothing written in stone...but you would have to test drive it yourself to see if it works....so far for me I can maintain on much fewer calories which makes me love having to live without worrying about food all day long. Better lifestyle change for me.