PDA

View Full Version : Carlson's And Nordic Naturals

Allen Yeh
04-30-2007, 10:33 AM
I was looking into buying some Carlson or Nordic Naturals liquid fish oil for my wife. Can anyone testify to which flavor might be better for people that are a little picky?

Carlson's has it's very finest liquid in lemon and orange. Nordic has it's liquid in lemon.

Another question would be whom to buy from? I've googled and froogled both products and you can get a very significant price savings not ordering direct from the company themselves. Vitamin Shoppe has the 500ml of Carlson's for $23.04, as opposed to the regular price of $44.50 but is that a bad idea? Are you getting a batch that could be older and more likely to be rancid?

I haven't bought liquid before and never really cared about the taste factor, but for my wife to actually take it I know we'd have to go with a flavored type, any input at all would be great.

Scott Kustes
04-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Carlson's lemon is good. Carlson's orange is not. Last time I had to get Carlson's CLO with no flavor because they were out. It wasn't as bad as people say, but it wasn't an enjoyable experience either. I have no experience with Nordic.

Eva Claire Synkowski
04-30-2007, 11:46 AM
definitely carlson's lemon.

im rocking peach right now - i forget which of the two brands, and its tough to get down. i probably am spending waaay too much - but i just pick mine up at whole paycheck.

Robert Allison
04-30-2007, 12:24 PM
If you're in the mood for a new taste experience, you can try the Cinnamon Tingle from Green Pastures:

http://www.greenpasture.org/products/cod_liver_oil/flavors

Personally, I find the combination of CLO & cinnamon a bit much for the palate, but some people seem to like it.

For those who can't (or won't) stomach CLO, you migh try Coromega:

http://www.coromega.com/index3.html

Orange & orange / chocolate; actually pretty tasty. I gave some to a friend of mine for her kids, and they loved them.

Personally I like both the orange & the mint CLO.

Mark Gebhard
04-30-2007, 12:58 PM
I get Carlson's lemon from Vitamin Shoppe and it has always tasted fine, actually pretty good for a tablespoon of oil. I use Green Pastures' CLO and would advise against the cinnamon tingle. Artic mint is much more palatable/subtle.

Garrett Smith
04-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Hey, I like the Cinnamon Tingle!

I think the mint tastes like some cough syrup gone horribly wrong...

Mark Gebhard
04-30-2007, 02:21 PM
Garrett,
You put glandular powders in your shakes. I don't think you're the best judge of taste. ;)

Robert Allison
04-30-2007, 02:29 PM
What wrong with glandulars :confused:

Ummmm... organ meat...

Just kidding--I actually take mine in capsule form.

I think the mint tastes like some cough syrup gone horribly wrong...

I have to agree with Mark on this one--I wouldn't say that any of them taste "good," but the Artic Mint is probably my favorite. But I sometimes switch out the flavors, just for variety.

Allen Yeh
05-01-2007, 04:37 AM
Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate it, keep it coming!

I sent for my free sample of Coromega so after she tries that I might order a box, though each packet only contains 650 mg omega 3's so it might be more of a supplement to her main fish oil dose for the day?

Right now I was thinking she'd take 1 tbsp of the liquid fish oil per day so ~4800 mg's of omega 3's.

Using the technical yay/nay system:

5 votes yay for Carlson's Lemon

1 vote nay for Carlson's Orange

2 votes nay for CLO Cinnamon Tingle

Steve Liberati
05-01-2007, 04:48 AM
Allen, here's another vote for Carlson's Lemon flavor.

kevin mckay
05-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Carlson's Lemon

Allen Yeh
05-02-2007, 06:05 AM
Ordered 2 Carlon's Lemon today. Thanks everyone.

Allen Yeh
05-09-2007, 06:31 AM
We received the fish oil last night and she didn't mind the taste. Thanks once again for the input.