PDA

View Full Version : RKC Props

Greg Everett
04-30-2007, 08:14 PM
just wanted to give pavel and the gang their propers for the RKC in St. Paul this weekend. Very well-run for the most part and worth the travel. Good to see high expectations of attendees.

Garrett Smith
05-01-2007, 06:11 AM
Greg,
You paid for the RKC?!? I'm shocked.

I will say that it was a well-run cert when I went. Then again, I went for free for winning my division of the 2nd TSC.

I do think that one could save many hundred dollars and get comparable results by reading their notebook and spending several hours with a competent instructor who knows their "tricks".

Just wait two years for them to want $500 for you to re-up your "certification" (not a "real" cert, they just want some dough for a link to you on their website). That's when I told them to talk a long walk off a short pier...

Coach Rutherford
05-01-2007, 06:44 AM
Wtf!

Catherine Imes
05-01-2007, 07:13 AM
It's a good cert. But,they've increased the cert fees. When I paid in 2004, it was 1000. The early bird registration for October is 1500 now,and they open to more and more attendees (65 now)

Recerting is one of those things that I don't think is necessary for instructors if they are competent and keep their skills sharp.

There are also some other great Kettlebell Certs like the Valery Federenko's American Kettlebell Club that offer a different perspective and for the money are a better cert. The AKC cert is 1000 for one day, but you currently get a set of KBs (8 bells) included in that price. Those are the professional type bells (all the same size regardless of weight).

For anyone looking for good workshops in general to learn the lifts or learn teaching techniques, look into attending a Mahler or Cotter workshop.

Did anyone notice that in addition to Powerlifitng and Olympic lifting certs, Crossfit is offering a Kettlebell Certification with Jeff Martone? That would be well worth the $395. Jeff is an excellent resource.

CI

Greg Everett
05-01-2007, 08:09 AM
well, we won't discuss the financial part of my little visit. let's just say it wasn't a concern for me.

Mike ODonnell
05-01-2007, 08:49 AM
Not enough initials on the end of your name?? What kind of business card do you use now, a 3"x 11" banner??

Pierre Auge
05-01-2007, 09:20 AM
sorry that was inappropriate

Garrett Smith
05-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Catherine,
As for my re-cert, I figured winning the TSC (with no formal KB teaching, just me and my RKC DVD & book) was enough...maybe the fee is only selectively applied to the flock.

Nate Morrison and I both got out of DD right about the same time...the re-cert fee was one major hotspot for both of us (he didn't like the idea, I just wouldn't pay it).

Anyway, hope you came away with some good stuff, Greg.

Ron Nelson
05-01-2007, 02:40 PM
well, we won't discuss the financial part of my little visit. let's just say it wasn't a concern for me.

Gawd, I wish I was rich like Everett.

Greg Everett
05-01-2007, 03:23 PM
me too... you misinterpreted that statement.

Garrett Smith
05-01-2007, 04:33 PM
I want the AKP cert!!! When is the PMenu going to unleash that one...I think $5000 for a day would be good...

Joe Hart
05-01-2007, 05:30 PM
You were in St. Paul as in MN? You should have said something I could have atleast bought you a beer or shown you a good place to eat. Not that you know me or I you, but I haven't let that stop me from feeding some one or buying them a beer. Oh well next time.

Mike ODonnell
05-01-2007, 05:39 PM
me too... you misinterpreted that statement.

rumor has that his deal required the use of a little bow peep outfit, 15 hotdogs, an inflatable giraffe and 1 clown......I'm sure it will be on YouTube soon....

Greg Everett
05-02-2007, 08:12 AM
You were in St. Paul as in MN? You should have said something I could have atleast bought you a beer or shown you a good place to eat. Not that you know me or I you, but I haven't let that stop me from feeding some one or buying them a beer. Oh well next time.

Next time it is.

MOD - I didn't allow any cameras.

Ron Nelson
05-02-2007, 08:35 AM
Yes, I did.

(wink, wink,. . .nudge, nudge)