PDA

View Full Version : Vegan couple found guilty of killing malnourished baby

kevin mckay
05-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Wow this is fucked up

http://www.jacksonville.com/apnews/stories/050207/D8OSG0281.shtml

Greg Everett
05-03-2007, 12:07 PM
good! those hosers will be eating a whole lot of pork chops in the pokey!

Garrett Smith
05-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Silly vegans.

Biochemistry trumps philosophy every time!

Pierre Auge
05-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Silly morons more like it!

This is why I like Mike Eades and his over the top distate of PETA and Vegans in general. I tend to agree with the concept that most vegans are weak pathetic fat people with too low a nutrient intake to think properly.

FUCKING SOY MILK??? I'm angry...

You got it Greg feed them all the mass produced, byproduct based fed, pork chops they can have along with tons of corn...

Robb Wolf
05-03-2007, 02:02 PM
A story like this pops up from time to time. The vegan parents are so adverse to "animal products" they will not breast feed the child. Darwin Awards anyone?

We still have yet to attract any meat-nay-saying vegetarians to this site. Oh...that will be a fun day...

Pierre Auge
05-03-2007, 02:19 PM
A story like this pops up from time to time. The vegan parents are so adverse to "animal products" they will not breast feed the child. Darwin Awards anyone?

We still have yet to attract any meat-nay-saying vegetarians to this site. Oh...that will be a fun day...

That's because they are afraid of getting eaten!:D Problem is they are too stupid to realize that they are the last people we would eat!!!

Robert Allison
05-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Darwin Awards anyone?

I think that to qualify for a Darwin Award, you are technically supposed to kill yourself doing something foolish. Unfortunately, the child (not them) had to pay the price for their bad ideas.

That attempt at spreading their DNA ended poorly; I suspect that may not stop them from making further contributions to the gene pool.

Perhaps they might qualify for an honorary award. ;)

Paul Findley
05-03-2007, 02:53 PM
I suspect that may not stop them from making further contributions to the gene pool.

Depends on the terms of the sentence, sex (at least for procreation) may be somewhat limited for a while.

Garrett Smith
05-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Heck, I'm surprised they were even fertile enough to get pregnant in the first place...

Seriously, Robb, I've heard of the vegan infants, but not even breastfeeding??? That's ludicrous!!!

Steve Liberati
05-03-2007, 04:39 PM
They should be executed. Actually seeing them get buried alive wouldn't serve this case justice.

Garrett Smith
05-03-2007, 05:07 PM
But, but, we just thought that the baby was DETOXING!!!

3.5 pounds at time of death. Must have been a spitting image of the parents.

Andy Shirley
05-03-2007, 05:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTsD2ua-fI4

Futurama.

Garrett Smith
05-03-2007, 06:25 PM
"We taught a lion to eat tofu!" Classic.

Just like "we kept feeding the baby soy milk even though he was vomiting and had explosive diarrhea!"

I had to tell a young mother that soy formula, fake meat, green beans, and peas were what was causing her baby's digestive distress and failure to thrive just the other day...so sad.

Pierre Auge
05-03-2007, 07:22 PM
FEEDING INFANTS SOY? WTF?

Seriously I'm going to fucking lose it next time there is a PETA demonstration on Parliament Hill!

PETA please eat all the soy you want! SOY IT UP MORONS!

Soy is the cruelest joke we've ever played on ourselves...

Paul Findley
05-03-2007, 08:26 PM
What about soy sauce? That shit is good, well ok, maybe not for baby.

Andy Shirley
05-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Paul,
Soy sauce is great for baby. The secret is putting the soy sauce on right before removing the baby from the wok.

Baby is paleo, right?

(I might have crossed a line here)

Brian Sullivan
05-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Sad sad story. F'n moronic $#@hole parents.

Allen Yeh
05-04-2007, 04:07 AM
3.5 pounds at 6 weeks old. WTF!

Derek Simonds
05-04-2007, 05:20 AM
I try not to hate because it takes too much energy. In this case I have given in, I hate those parents.

Robb Wolf
05-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Paul,
Soy sauce is great for baby. The secret is putting the soy sauce on right before removing the baby from the wok.

Baby is paleo, right?

No Andy...I think you just proved you one of "US".

Robert Allison
05-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Paul,

Baby is paleo, right?

"Baby--it's what's for dinner... baby--the "other" other white meat" :D

http://a2.vox.com/6a00b8ea06ece0dece00c2251c31a2549d-200pi

Mike ODonnell
05-04-2007, 11:13 AM
If I were the judge I would make them eat meat every day for the rest of their lives......and tell them with every bite a puppy dies.....

Paul Findley
05-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Link to CNN video (http://www.emailthis.clickability.com/et/emailThis?clickMap=viewThis&etMailToID=1536197577)

I am having second thoughts now, the father makes a compelling argument at the end of this clip.

Garrett Smith
05-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Hmmmm...more cruel...animal products or malnourishing one's offspring to death...that's a toughy!!!

Paul Findley
05-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Someting is wrong here, I think even "normal" vegans have food in their house, well if you call floor to ceiling soy products food. If I was a lawyer, and if I was their lawyer, I would have played some sort of mental defense, albeit affirmative, but alas I am neither.

I do see a successful appeal in their future, somebody dropped the ball. I base this on years of watching lawyer TV, so I know what I am talking about.

Pierre Auge
05-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Couldn't watch it stupid wmv! Microsoft is as stupid as Vegans are!

Actually Microsoft is brilliant but errr angering none the less, MS you terrible angering brilliance you!

Jared Buffie
05-04-2007, 08:53 PM
First post here, but had to add...

I live in North Georgia (about 35 miles north of Atlanta) and there are a lot of "rural" folks mixed in up here (I didn't want to use the term hillbilly,but, well, you know....)

Anyway, about a year ago I stopped at a grocery store so my wife could run in for something and i waited outside in my car. Out walked a kid who was about 4 years old and I would have to say 150lbs. Rolls everywhere - he looked like the Michelin man. He was carrying a 1 liter of Sprite (not the little bottle, not the big bottle, but the one in between). Behind him came is mom, who had to be 350ish, just freakin HUGE. Obviously, everything this lady knows about health has been passed down to her son. Bottom line is that kid is probably already diabetic, developing heart disease or something else that will kill him.

My point is this:

The only difference between feeding your child nothing but soy milk and apple juice and him die right away and feeding your child soda, Mcdonalds, HFCS, etc... is time. This lady at the grocery store is killing her kid, but at a much slower rate. Yet why is one case murder, and the other not even child abuse?

A little off topic, but something to think about.

Don Stevenson
05-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Jared makes an excellent point.

There were recently calls over here for parents to be held in some way responsible for there kids getting too fat, including going to the lengths of removing kids from there parents and placing them in foster care etc however the general consensus is that that just screws kids up worse.

As for Vegans starving a baby to death, thats just horrible and i hope they make some nice friends in prison.

Joe Hart
05-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Don't feed them pork in the pokey. Nice milk fed veal would do the trick. I wonder how the other vegans feel about this?

Yael Grauer
05-09-2007, 02:38 PM
Oh my god, I think I know that girl. Does anybody have an article with pictures?

Brad Hirakawa
05-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Very sad.. :(

Ignorance is can be evil.

Yael Grauer
05-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Well apparently the argument in court was that they used their lifestyle as an excuse and were actually purposely starving the baby...

Robb Wolf
05-09-2007, 04:01 PM
First post here, but had to add...

I live in North Georgia (about 35 miles north of Atlanta) and there are a lot of "rural" folks mixed in up here (I didn't want to use the term hillbilly,but, well, you know....)

Anyway, about a year ago I stopped at a grocery store so my wife could run in for something and i waited outside in my car. Out walked a kid who was about 4 years old and I would have to say 150lbs. Rolls everywhere - he looked like the Michelin man. He was carrying a 1 liter of Sprite (not the little bottle, not the big bottle, but the one in between). Behind him came is mom, who had to be 350ish, just freakin HUGE. Obviously, everything this lady knows about health has been passed down to her son. Bottom line is that kid is probably already diabetic, developing heart disease or something else that will kill him.

My point is this:

The only difference between feeding your child nothing but soy milk and apple juice and him die right away and feeding your child soda, Mcdonalds, HFCS, etc... is time. This lady at the grocery store is killing her kid, but at a much slower rate. Yet why is one case murder, and the other not even child abuse?

A little off topic, but something to think about.

Jared-
That scores you "Rookie of the Day" award. Damn good post.

This IS one of those very interesting intersections of free markets, governments and individual freedoms/responsibility.

The government sponsored tripe is lame but obviously way better than the scenario that the vegan couple displayed or the folks Jared mentioned.

So...people are idiots and succumb to the temptations of cheap, mass produced food. people seldom cook anymore. Should the gov in all it's wisdom intervene? The same folks who subsidize the production of high fructose corn syrup? Scary thought.

I doubt it will happen but I'd like to see health care become a pay-as-you go system. Catastrophic insurance, no HMO's and a health savings account that we can pay into...or not....but if you show up at the hospital, have not taken care of yourself and did not plan for your lifestyle killing you (or your kids) slowly...well, too bad.

Mike ODonnell
05-09-2007, 04:51 PM

Hence why us "Yankees" stay close to Atlanta....where it is safe. Glad to see you stopped lurking around here.....welcome to the ummmm....is it the digruntled X-CF ex-communicated supper hippie boards now?? I can't remember what we are calling it this week......

Jared makes an excellent point...I expect nothing less from a goalie. I always say how you can't spank a kid in public to control his spoiled brat temper as it is abuse....but it's ok to give him diabetes and ADD with sugar overload.....warped mentality....oh wait....I believe that if you say anything that goes against improving corporations profit and the ever increasing economy you are called a communist...god forbid Coke not post good profits from selling sugar water....or General Mills lose money from not selling enough sugar fiber flakes....People are all over the cigarette companies....but say nothing about the crap they are being told to feed their kids....nothing like cartoon figures to say it's ok for sugar flakes....

Robert McBee
05-09-2007, 05:04 PM
I don't hate vegans. They're misinformed but actually not too bad "with fava beans and nice bottle of Chianti".

Garrett Smith
05-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Robert,
Vegans have a terrible O-3 to O-6 balance!!!

Only as a treat, I say...

Allen Yeh
05-10-2007, 04:03 AM
Well apparently the argument in court was that they used their lifestyle as an excuse and were actually purposely starving the baby...

I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around the 3.5 pounds at 6 weeks part.