PDA

View Full Version : cavemanfitnessguide

kevin mckay
05-03-2007, 11:39 AM
This is a funny google add I just saw. Looks like somebody has wrapped up gpp/paleo in one cheesy package guess we all new it was coming.

"Elite Personal Trainer is about to reveal his top-Secret methods for getting the most effective workout of your life in under 30 minutes"

http://www.cavemanfitnessguide.com/

Danny John
05-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Well, I bought it. Quick overview: the PDF doesn't work very well with the book, so I have to print it out. Also, Potatoes are Paleo?

Pierre Auge
05-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Well, I bought it. Quick overview: the PDF doesn't work very well with the book, so I have to print it out. Also, Potatoes are Paleo?

no they are not

Garrett Smith
05-03-2007, 12:25 PM
These PDFs and their sales pitches just make me nauseous...

At least he's somewhere near the right track.

Pierre Auge
05-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Here's one in Danny's honor - Often the right track actually just means going to the track!

Mike ODonnell
05-03-2007, 12:43 PM
These PDFs and their sales pitches just make me nauseous...

aka Ryan Lee and his marketing buddies.....all the sites look the same with the same flow...Big words....testimonials...purchases are emotional....use bullet points....show the rewards....create interest.....make it look like a value....blah...blah...blah......same old stuff.....everyone is doing it....but you know why....cause it works.....so the questions is really how bad can it be if someone follows it and gets results.....I still thought it was a great idea and entertaining none the less.....too funny.....

Steve....this guy stole your caveman workouts....

Paul Findley
05-03-2007, 12:48 PM
edit: for triple negatives

I will not purchase anything sold with more than 3 vertical screens of HTML.

Steve Shafley
05-03-2007, 12:53 PM
My piece in the LiftStrong project was about "frugal training", i.e. getting an effective workout in with minimalist equipment.

Ron Nelson
05-03-2007, 12:55 PM
aka Ryan Lee and his marketing buddies.....all the sites look the same with the same flow...Big words....testimonials...purchases are emotional....use bullet points....show the rewards....create interest.....make it look like a value....blah...blah...blah......same old stuff.....everyone is doing it....but you know why....cause it works.....so the questions is really how bad can it be if someone follows it and gets results.....I still thought it was a great idea and entertaining none the less.....too funny.....

Steve....this guy stole your caveman workouts....

One thing to add regarding the testimonials:
Everyone quotes every other trainer they know and refers to that trainer as "World renown expert," or "Trainer of hundreds of champions."

Mike ODonnell
05-03-2007, 01:46 PM
Just curious about 2 things...since people are able to say anything they want in their E-Book.....

1) At what point can a person claim he is really an author or expert....wait I wrote a 3 page E-book about my shoes and I know what protein is....done.....

2) At what point is it illegal to give any advice on nutrition unless you are a certified nutritionist....I think the FDA would say telling a person to eat an apple a day would be only allowed if you were a nutritionist.....

As entertaining as the E-books are...they are devalueing any of the real decent books out there and the whole training industry...but then again who said any of the books at B&N are any better....I mean except LL Cool J's workout book....he has step ups...oooooohhhhhhh.....

I always like to say....any trainer that has that much time to learn HTML, do Blogs, and all that computer stuff.....is not spending any time training real clients.....or is the hardest working trainer I have ever met....I'll go with #1 for 99.9% of them.....

Robb Wolf
05-03-2007, 01:52 PM
edit: for triple negatives

Damn...I wanted to shift the whole PM look that direction....

Don Stevenson
05-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Whats wrong with this statement

"Have you ever seen a fat caveman?"

The truth is that in general the trainers don't write the ads, the marketing guys do and often the trainers have to play tug of war to try and avoid getting drowned in a tsunami of hyperbole.

I'm in the same boat at the moment, working to promote a new Kettlebell DVD and Manual in Australia and it's a thin line to walk! This guy has definitely let his copywriter smoke one to many cave'shrooms found growing on dinosaur poo!

Mike ODonnell
05-03-2007, 09:33 PM
"Have you ever seen a fat caveman?"

Fred Flintstone doesn't count??

and apparently according to this historical film weight and self image was a concern with cavemen and women....
http://youtube.com/watch?v=y56Bx0RmQMY

James Evans
05-04-2007, 02:27 AM
Genius - as far as I can see.

Stop being so serious all of you.

Mike ODonnell
05-04-2007, 06:59 AM
I mean, why go through all the hastle of making fire and reinventing the wheel.......when you can just go to the gym...grab a towel...and workout without ever leaving the lobby.....
http://www.gymtowelworkout.com/?hop=knnknn

Garrett Smith
05-04-2007, 07:43 AM
MOD,
You find the best non-"workout" sites...

I particularly like the picture of the "Classic V-Shape of an Olympian Athlete" with a picture of a guy holding what looks like a remote control...so that's what the towel makes you strong enough to do!!!

Josh Whiting
05-04-2007, 08:10 AM
What would people chose for their themes if they had to make their own fitness ebook website? I was thinking either Greek Mythology or Biblical.

James Evans
05-04-2007, 09:07 AM
The Oedipus Workout

Hmm.

James Evans
05-04-2007, 09:09 AM
Or perhaps Norse mythology?

Do you want to train like Thor?

$140 later and you're told to go to the hardware store and buy a sledgehammer.

Derek Simonds
05-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Or perhaps Norse mythology?

Do you want to train like Thor?

$140 later and you're told to go to the hardware store and buy a sledgehammer.

That is absolutely brilliant. Quick patent, copyright and trademark it now James. Oh wait what the hell am I thinking everything was Dan John's idea originally (and I am quoting Dan john on that :D). I do have to give props to Robb for his DJ TM in the last PM.

Internet and full page magazine marketing that talks to the customers and lets them in on a secret method will always be there. They appeal to the person that believes there is just one more thing they could buy that will fix them up.

The problem is exactly what Don said it is when the marketing guy goes over the top.

Jesse Woody
05-04-2007, 09:38 AM

AMEN! That is one of my hugest pet-peeves...the html infomercial...UGH!

James Evans
05-04-2007, 09:54 AM
Am I in the right thread?

The Ninja dude:

No matter what however, it's an absolute bargain for you! And yes, I definitely plan on
raising the price from $27.77 to at least $47.77 VERY SOON. Once I get a few more testimonials
from satisfied customers, the price will increase. So you'll want to be quick if you want to save some
bucks.

Woa there boy! That's ambition! Move over Bill Gates because when it comes to business there's a new sherrif in town.

So just to recap, you're getting a total value of OVER $1,029 for just $27.77... all totally backed up by my 100% RISK FREE MONEY BACK GUARANTEE... You'd have to be crazy not to take up an offer like this!

Crazy indeed.

Josh Whiting
05-04-2007, 11:10 AM
I think a future PM could do with a ninja article.

Mike ODonnell
05-04-2007, 11:12 AM
So is $1029 the average cost for Ninja training camps nowadays?? Hmmm....no wrong thread but still all the same.....

I'm coming out with my new Super secret Quick Self Defense Course the Irish Way........my new 234 page book will explain all the secrets behind the Irish fighting arts called swingalot......combines with the skillful attack of a hockey player......what you do is drink a 6 pack....find the biggest guy in the bar.....go grab his girlfriends ass and ask for a ***job....then swing as many times as you can while using your face to deflect on coming blows.....eventually it's a quick course as you learn what works and what doesnt very fast.....

Andy Shirley
05-04-2007, 12:40 PM
MOD,
Your course sounds similar to my fighting/drinking training program. It's called "You're a Cunt." With this program, you start out at a bar with your training partners(obviously). Everyone pounds their beer, the slowest one is the winner. The winner must go up to a person in the bar(of the team's choosing). The only thing he's allowed to say is "You're a cunt." No explanations, but it is repeatable in other tones and inflctions. Then you have to deal with the consequences(usually pretty amusing).

Edit: might need to change the name for marketing purposes. Super Secret Controntation Management.

kevin mckay
05-04-2007, 02:39 PM
I will try to incorporate the "You're a Cunt" protocol into simplefit, that is the greatest thing ever!

Cheers