PDA

View Full Version : IF question

Jake Thompson
05-07-2007, 05:31 AM
How effective would combining 15 hour fast and one day on one day off systems?

Schedule like this
M Feast with 15 hour fast from Sunday. Train AM
T Fast ME work Mid day
W Fest Train AM
R Fast Rest
F Feast Train and ME work
S 15 hour fast Train
S 15 hour fast Rest

Of course calories will be in check.
With my work and training schedules this works best for me. I have tried the 15 hour fast, but training at 4 AM M, W, F makes for a long day with no post workout nutrition. I know I will have to try for myself to see if works or not.

Back on Crossfit WOD, with some ME work tossed in.

Comments? suggestions?

Troy Archie
05-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Looks solid to me. I've just jumped on the wagon myself and all I can say is there's plenty of room to experiment and play around. As for the 15h fasts question, back in PM Issue 16 (http://www.performancemenu.com/backissues/index.php?show=issue&issueNum=16) there's some great info and from what I can gather it's a great length when ending it with training.

Have fun.

Jake Thompson
05-07-2007, 11:06 AM
I guess the question is will combining these work as well as one or the other.

Troy Archie
05-07-2007, 11:14 AM
I guess the question is will combining these work as well as one or the other.

Well, more of a good thing isn't always a good thing but. I'd say it would work but as well? I don't know.

This is what I can gather so far in regards to IF'ing:

Try it. If it works, great. It doesn't, change it. I suppose you could say that for just about anything though...

Garrett Smith
05-07-2007, 11:46 AM
All I can say is that you'll want to make sure you get in enough food on your feast days, and especially on your weekend short feast periods.

I personally like opening up the whole weekend to eating--it allows me to not seem like such a social party-pooper.