PDA

View Full Version : Green tea can be harmful in large quantities?

kevin mckay
05-08-2007, 07:48 AM
I had not heard this before

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11786-green-tea-can-be-harmful-in-large-quantities.html

Allen Yeh
05-08-2007, 08:43 AM
50 cups a day! sheesh

Robb Wolf
05-08-2007, 10:44 AM
My friend from Brasil told me once "Roberto (pronounced Hoberto)...no drink the green tea...drink the espresso....green tea make you dick no work..."

Good enough for me.

Garrett Smith
05-08-2007, 11:38 AM
That's what concerns me about groups like lyfe ecksten-shun and their super-high-potency isolated supplements...

Scott Kustes
05-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Robb missed a chance to use his word: "hormesis". Perhaps green tea, as many other substances, have a hormetic effect. Luckily green tea hasn't caused that "other problem" Robb mentions.

Robb Wolf
05-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Robb missed a chance to use his word: "hormesis". Perhaps green tea, as many other substances, have a hormetic effect. Luckily green tea hasn't caused that "other problem" Robb mentions.

Damn...I'm trying to meet my quota from the National Hormesis Society. Carl Maldens' nose (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Malden) and I are spokes models...big money there Amigo.

I think this is really a case of the poison is in the dose.

Garrett Smith
05-08-2007, 06:16 PM
Geez, next thing you know they'll be finding that mega-dosing purified isolated vitamins actually is bad for people...oops, already did that one, multiple times!

Brad Hirakawa
05-08-2007, 10:22 PM
"....mega-dosing purified isolated vitamins actually is bad for people......."

I learned that in a biochem-nutrition class at UCSD in 1991. Maybe no one was paying attention. More likely, they memorized the book then forgot the material 15 minutes after the test, aided by a rip from Bongzilla. I would have zoned out as well (like I did at the rest of my classes), but Amanda never missed that class, and always sat in the front row.

Ah.. sweet Amanda...

Brad

Brad Hirakawa
05-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Robb.. what sweet things you whisper.. dose and poison.

Long live Paracelsus in our memories.

Want to come work in my lab... chicks dig pharmaceutical scientists. Fortunately, they make disposable lab coats, so she will be free to rip it off you every time you come home from work.

And, there is good job security. Well, unless folks start eating better, eating less, exercising more, give up smoking, alcohol, sugar, grains, promiscous sex, reduce stress, sleep 9 hours each night and stop relying on HMOs for their health. Yeah, job security.

I hope no one at headquarters sees this post, else my job security might become a real issue. :)

Brad

Garrett Smith
05-09-2007, 07:02 AM
Brad, good to see you back!

Robb Wolf
05-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Robb.. what sweet things you whisper.. dose and poison.

Long live Paracelsus in our memories.

Want to come work in my lab... chicks dig pharmaceutical scientists. Fortunately, they make disposable lab coats, so she will be free to rip it off you every time you come home from work.

And, there is good job security. Well, unless folks start eating better, eating less, exercising more, give up smoking, alcohol, sugar, grains, promiscous sex, reduce stress, sleep 9 hours each night and stop relying on HMOs for their health. Yeah, job security.

I hope no one at headquarters sees this post, else my job security might become a real issue. :)

Brad

I'm In!!! For the tear-away lab coat if nothing else.