View Full Version : Cool Ju Jitsu Vid

Mark Bennett
05-09-2007, 04:32 AM
Hi all,

Check this out. This guy looks like the real deal :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXqzdlbSXhI

Derek Simonds
05-09-2007, 05:19 AM
I liked his takedowns. That head takedown to neck crank at the end looked mighty painful.

The flying arm bars weren't too bad either.

Neal Winkler
05-09-2007, 07:27 AM
Some good moves, some a little too flashy.

Brad Hirakawa
05-09-2007, 07:42 AM
You want flash, I'll give you flash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9yYHaEOA0Q

Check out the dork who rolls up his shirt sleeve to show off his guns.

Brad Dorkakawa

Robb Wolf
05-09-2007, 09:09 AM
Mad-Gunz

Brad Hirakawa
05-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Back then I was addicted to muscle ups.

Now I'm fatter and older.

Brad

Chuck Kechter
05-09-2007, 11:32 AM
At least in the Harris BJJ vid, there was some sembilance to "aliveness."

I have a DVD of Corbell (hosting a Frank Shamrock seminar) that shows that he doesn't REALLY know how to roll (at least at that time)...

He's all flash and no go...

John Vernon
05-09-2007, 05:37 PM
I agree with Chuck.

I think Corbell's stuff looked more like the, "Ok, now put your hand here...no over here...ok that's better, NOW!!" variety.

He may have some skills, but I found myself laughing at some of what he was doing.

kevin mckay
05-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Baaa

Notice how the students freeze before he does anything.

John Vernon
05-09-2007, 11:56 PM
upon further review I do think that his wrist grab & hand plant w/ foot slap to the back of the head (with the ultra sweet triple replay effect) could be potentially lethal.

If his student wasn't frozen in a state full alertness and readyness for the onslaught, I'd wager he might have died.

Derek Simonds
05-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Brad that could be possibly the greatest BJJ pose / action sequence I have ever seen!

kevin mckay
05-10-2007, 11:05 AM
The guys in brads video looked like real bjj fighters (except for a couple of silly locks) and would probably eat the guy in the first video alive IMHO. It was just way to rigid and staged and the way the students tapped was ether an indication that the instructor had very little control or that they where inserting even more drama. After training with Rickson for 4 years I never saw any displays of arial silliness just calm smooth application of the art.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stvU-L4yRvU

Brad Hirakawa
05-13-2007, 11:53 AM
You trained with Rickson for 4 years... awesome!!!!!!!!

I'm slowly getting back into the game. Been lazy for the past two years, only training once each week. This brown belt will never get darker unless I put the time in.

Rickson... you lucky ducky.

(no disrespect to my coach, he's the shiznit)

Brad

Derek Simonds
05-13-2007, 12:57 PM
Both of you guys are lucky. Brad are you still training with Roy Harris? I have his BJJ 101 series and have enjoyed it immensely. In fact someone on here recommended it to me.

I train under Marcio Simas at Gracie Barra Orlando. Great school and really great instructors.

Brad Hirakawa
05-13-2007, 06:40 PM
Yes, still train under Roy Harris. Love that man!

Brad